Potential Chinese Ground Force Additions

That is not possible for the HQ17 I think, but I thought everything except chasis is the same, or is this specific improvement to HQ17A?

Wheeled one(HQ-17A) has the ability to fire on the move. Which was probably one of the key improvements over HQ-17.
Original HQ-17 has the Tor’s radar I believe and HQ-17A has new domestic radar.

Reminds me- not long ago the renmin ribao published a article talking about the surge of army fans leaking content and the possible negative implications it has on domestic security
https://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404982127144861877#_loginLayer_1703356763461

Well the original Tor radar does differ from the HQ17 and HQ17A, since the easiest way to separate them is to see whether the search radar is a whole piece or is it like a net. Are you talking about the lock radar?

Yes. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Well yes the difficulty of fire on the go is lock and track cause the rate of approach would be different and that will be problematic. Also, how do they ensure the missile doesn’t loose the lock if the vehicle is moving for Tor? I saw them putting a Tor on the back of a ship as anti air.

Why would it lose the lock?

Also HQ-17A has ARH missiles. So losing the lock shouldn’t cause any issues.

Yeah i remember them saying that its cool and all because its actually a nice hobby but to be careful with certain imgs or topics that are more top secret than others.

Any chance we already have suggestions for these?

4 Likes

Does anyone know, if China is developing any new modifications of the ZTZ-99A tank at this time? Or will it already be completely replaced by something?

Technically replacing it with a new MBT series.

3 Likes

They said the change of approach rate will cause issues with radar processor mistaking it as a different target, which is why it can’t fire on the move, but they have chucked it on the back of a ship like

I heard that it is equipped with the same fire control equipment as SEPv3

2 Likes

Evolution/modifications of the Type 99 tank:

1. WZ-1224
Spoiler

1. Type 98
Spoiler

1. Type 99 Phase-I
Spoiler

1. Type 99 Phase-II - Already in the game
  2. Type 99 Phase-III - Already in the game
  3. Type 99 with anti-aircraft missile system
Spoiler

1. Type 99А (Prototype)
Spoiler

1. Type 99А (Early)
Spoiler

1. Type 99А (Late) - Already in the game
  2. WZ1001(E) LCT - Already in the game
4 Likes

Those just look retarded, HJ73s on modern vehicles, they will likely go 9.0 with one of the worst missiles of the BR as they will say machine gun is too strong. I’d like some more sufficient vehicles at ground battles like the 105mm ZLT05 or the machine gun only version.

1 Like

They say it is just a nerfed SEP V2, but I guess fire control is ‘minor modification’

It has probably been mentioned already but I really want to see one of the WZ111 versions, particularly the one with the licensed D-74 field gun, the Y-174. I’m not really sure the exact specs on the gun or the tank but I still would like to see it in the game, I know its essentially a Chinese IS-3 and I think it would be really cool.

3 Likes

Just different photos:

1. Type 96B
Spoiler

1. Type 96A (Additional engine protection)
Spoiler

1. VT-4A1/5
Spoiler

1. Type 64 or “包る”
Spoiler

1. Type 99A (2024)
Spoiler

2 Likes

There has been a submission I think, but not entirely sure, a ZTZ59 with 120mm swiss smoothbore gun has been submitted to developers though.

That is not a valid source, it states ZTZ96 engine is based off T34 engine, with a turbo. I thought it is a new one. Type 64 also doesn’t exist and even T64 is called something like Type85 for some political reasons… I am quite interested on the one on the left

Spoiler

Seems to be a weird chasis and a ZTZ96 turret.