Poland as a separate nation?

Poland is one of only very few countries who still hasn’t been added on large scale that has unique aircraft throughout all ranks with the only exception being the most modern aircraft.

It also has unique vehicles throughout all of the ranks in regards to the ground forces with the exception of rank III.

For helicopters they are one of few countries not independently in game who has a unique one available:: the W-3.

The only “issue” is naval, but I’d like to refer you to China and Israel for that.

Poland more than qualifies to be added independently and I can’t think of any reason why this wouldn’t be the case other than ignorance towards their produce.

1 Like

Unique vehicle isn’t enough to justify a whole tree, are there hundreds of unique vehicles?

Germany probably has 50-60 rank 1 vehicles to choose from in ground and air.

Sub trees are good when done well. South Africa brings only unique vehicles into war thunder (except the Eland but wtv) and they’re all fun to play since Britain otherwise lacks light vehicles.

Then how about well fleshed out lineups with unique vehicles in almost all of them, at many BRs even being fully unique?

The comparison to Germany is also of no relevance.
We’re talking about Polane here.
Yes, Germany is more capable in all regards, but that does not take away from Polish potential.
Should Italy never have been added just cause Germany is ‘better’? Obviously not.

It’s not about being better, it’s about adding some value to the game and not just more of the same.
New additions are already increasingly more and more lazy both because of the real world situation with modern vehicles and just the easy route taken by snail.

Casually ignoring my comment. If you want to be ignorant, it does not change the fact of the matter that Poland has a lot to offer. It’s the most misunderstood potential in-game nation for WT.

They have numerous ground units to offer. Other than the early vehicles I’ve posted, I also randomly made several higher ranking ones because they’re exciting there.

Spoiler

imageimage
imageimage
imageimageimage

1 Like

I did not ingored your comment.
I saw those vehicles and what I can see that these are simply post soviet stuff, well half of them.
Either put it in german tt as sub tree or use them as event vehicles, there is no point adding another TT that would be just a soviet stuff with couple of uniqe vehicles.
Well if there is a reason to make it as seperate TT, there is one make it so Gajin can sell another copy paste Leo 2A4 premium so you can grind another TT

Not quite sure how different vehicles equate to more of the same, but alright

Tell me how a Soviet basis that has been modified by Polish engineers with Polish and other technologies according to Polish standards for Poland is “just Soviet stuff”

1 Like

It is upgraded BMP and T72 so…

Because they won’t be different vehicles, they will be German, American, British and Russian vehicles.

Most of them are not. They are Poland’s very own unique vehicles. Some of them are heavily modified yes, like the ZSU-23-4MP with a brand new radar and Grom missiles, or the T-72M1R and T-54A Project S2 for example, but otherwise it’s filled to the brim with new experiences.

It is on par with France or even higher, and certainly better than Italy, and a lot better than China. Even if tanks like the PT-17 and BWP-1 Brimstone were originally Soviet vehicles.

Obviously, there’s also room for Lithuanian and Latvian vehicles.

You see what you want to see, I guess.

1 Like

Some people have preconceived ideas that they don’t want to let go of, for their own reasons. Poland is a heavily misunderstood nation as an in-game playable.

I think if I were to show them a picture of a Stuart with the PaK40 or the M18-T55 from Yugoslavia, they would still call them copy paste.

2 Likes

Way to discredit all those engineers who upgraded vehicles by their own methords.

By extrapolating your logic you could say that M60s are just M26 tanks, because they derive from the same basis…
Ridiculous.

1 Like

You are taking it to personal.
M60 AMBT even though its heavly modified by Turks is still an M60
Same goes for Leo A4 called Leopard 2PL
Just like PT-91 is still a T-72 and shares the same design flaws.
It is not home made, not even license produced like Ariette or STRVs.
So no it does not need its own TT might as well be added under german T-72M.
If we want for every nation to have their own TT even though they are using foreign equipment then take away Hungary from Italy, Finland from Sweden etc.

There is nothing personal about your comment, feel free to not feel offended.

Heavily modified fundamentally alters performance.
Your comment practically speaking ignores this.
What are modifications made for? To rectify existing problems, to enhance performance ect. Poor armour? Add ERA or composite or whatnot.

So yes, while some flaws can persist, modifications can rectify them.

Ariete is a fully domestic Italian product.

What you seemingly forget is that alongside heavy modifications you also have domestic production.
BWP Borsuk as an example isn’t exactly “copy paste” of anything.
When enough of these heavy modifications and unique vehicles exist alongside one-another in the same country in enough quantity then I find that justifies a tree just fine.

Should they never have added Sweden because more than half their vehicles are foreign based? No, because they function uniquely.

Nobody said that “every nation should have their own TT”.
Do not be disingenuous.

1 Like
Spoiler

No one should be able to look at something like this (BWP Anders) and say “oh it’s just a BMP-1”.

Spoiler

This isn’t “just a T-72” either.

I’ve only touched two vehicles so far.

1 Like

Nope. Because your tier 2 and 3 are pure copy-paste from Brittain, and there are gigantic holes in both air and ground tech tree. There was a reason why Poland, Hungary and Czechia worked well together in one tree(V4)

Maybe as an Israel-like mini tech tree, focusing on mid and top-tier. That could work

You forgot a Slovakia there XD

2 Likes

Apparently for Poland it’s a problem, but not for Italy and France.

Not true anyway. Within tier 2 and tier 3, Poland can have the Lithuanian Praga LTL, L-181 (K.A.M.9), Robur LO-1800A ZPU-2, SKOT-2AP, TOPAS-2AP, Star 266 Hibneryt and the LWB-23 Krak. Maybe the 10TP could also be moved there.

Overall in terms of new experiences and numbers, they have more than enough to qualify as an independent tree. Leave it as Polish-only flavor. Czechoslovakia and Romania can be added together to form the Little Entente coalition tree. Hungary is a sub-tree within Italy now.

1 Like