Persian Tomcat: F-14A IRIAF

Because Iran with neighbouring countries has more fun potential than Israel? Iraqi F-16s, Pakistani FJ-17s and a Persian F-4E with R-73Es would make for a insanely fun tech tree.

1 Like

Remove the R-27R missile, it could not use them.

If yall are gonna let it keep the missile, than give the F-20A some Aim-120As while we’re at it I guess…

1 Like

The IRST for the YaK-41 including missiles were never fitted, cope in that thread and you’ll receive the same answer. Times have changed and the requirement for ordinances have changed alongside them.

Another unnecessary NEW nation assembled from others. Let them at least finish Israel or maybe remember the existence of Japan in the game.

Times have not changed, and the rules of implementation haven’t either. The Yak-141 was a stop gap solution for the naval aircraft line in the USSR TT, and as such changes/additions needed to be made for its implementation, some of which were planned for it during its time in service. It follows the same rules as other incomplete aircraft such as the R2Y2 and many more:

Gaijin repeatedly state that they care about historical accuracy, and that means they should be willing to remove the R-27R1 missiles from the F-14A IRIAF.

The Soviet’s have no claim to it.

3 Likes

The R-27 was a planned addition to the Iranian F-14 and is historically accurate.

I can send more unique vehicles Iran has over Israel, if you’ve taken the time to look at what they’ve built you’d understand. The other nations like Pakistan or Iraq would only function as fillers like what South Africa is for the UK.

1 Like

The R-27 was attempted to be added to the F-14 by Iran, however the radar and missile ended up not being compatible, and the project to pair them was abandoned. It’s ahistorical.

4 Likes

and as such changes/additions needed to be made for its implementation, some of which were planned for it during its time in service

Iran failed to implement the R-27R onto the F-14A simply because of the lack of funds, they aren’t a rich nation in resources unlike the United States or Russia, it was planned to be used and that is one of the reasons why it was implemented.

This has been stated over and over again and even by community managers, the requirements for missile additions have QUITE LITERALLY changed and denying so is pure ignorance.

The F-5C for example received countermeasures simply because of balance and another reason of it being in theory capable of carrying it (BUT the main factor being balance).

Just realized its missing the Drop Tanks

1 Like

Cause Iran doesn’t use drop tanks.

I made a bug report on the IRIAF F-14A lacking external fuel tanks and it got acknowledged, we’ll see it soon hopefully (and probably before the event vehicle is accessible).

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Qwl3ze9uYIXX

1 Like

Which guided bombs?

2 Likes

Again why does it need to go to Russia? Because despite being given to Iran when relationships between the US and Iran were good, you must only use modern relationships as a determining where a vehicle goes? That’s really the only argument I’ve seen and frankly it’s an asinine one at that. . The US tree is 100% the correct nation. Russia got its export Su-25 as its event vehicle. Now the US is getting its export event vehicle.

1 Like

You ever seen someone bomb with a p47? You’ve gotta guide them like that.

Then why isn’t the Swiss hunter in Britain?

1 Like

I’m trying to pay for it and I noticed that a 49.99 GE Pack costs 53.99???

On the PlayStation store

@Smin1080p_WT
@Stona_WT

Do you know what happened?

Just purchase the GE from the Gaijin Store, console players like myself have access to it. Both Xbox and PS prices are ridiculous, I never pay through their stores (only for GE however, you can’t get packs through the Gaijin Store).

1 Like

uk plane in ukTT