Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Hmmm, might just be a special case or something given usually the max AOA is 20-26 units.

Could be, would be a very odd vernier scale tho.

Yeah, most vernier protractors in degrees have minutes of arc on the lower scale, but I guess from a metric standpoint it’s easier to understand 10ths of a degree than 60ths, even if it’s less precise

I’m also starting to think the two sets of numbers round the outside are just so it can be mounted on either side of the aircraft.

What about skyflash performances and stage 2g radar scale?

What do you mean by this?

Mean Tornado F3 CSP (Capability Sustainment Programme) mounted IR AIM-9L/i & ARH AIM-120B AMRAAM ? but not sure that equipped ASRAAM ?

Took some fiddling but it appears that sometimes the PGMs work fine, and others it has a full blown tantrum and refuses to fire and I cant figure out why. But for now, Im just going to chalk it up to usual SB shenanigans and some bugs from the TV + TIALD stuff.

But anyway, an interesting development for those who play SB. AF Health pools have been reduced/changed. You can now disable AFs rather easily, in fact, PGM-2000s make extremely short work on AFs, only 2 ish sorties needed to completely destroy an AF. Until AFs are “fixed” we may have a bit of an OP weapon system. and its a nice change to be the ones with the OP weapon for once

Is It right? Max horizontal angle detection limit is 112° degree, 51° to left and right, and in vertical Scan? Is It right?
I remember about things that left on radar of stage 2g and skyflash of a list of old fórum
The skyflash explodes itself, the function of monopulse shot down low target are failing.

Although the lock on mantain are awesome it mantain the lock on better than f14

The late F.3 carried ASRAAM

Not that late…

well by late i mean late 90’s/2000’s

Also confirms the CSP didn’t include any upgrades to the radar. And the Stage-2G/H were the final versions.

1 Like

Bit curious about the tornado ground radar, what are its actual capabilities? i know it is supposed to track terrain to allow low altitude flight, but now with the Su 39 radar pod i wanted to know if the tornado might get the ability to radar vehicles as well

The GMR could track a moving tank out to 6.7km, a stationary tank isn’t going to be detectable at any range, but its primarily used to track buildings and ships which it can do a much greater ranges.

Given its limited range and inability to track a stationary tank at all the GMR isn’t of much use in game.

It did in later life get a “Moving Target Lock On” and A2A search mode.

To me the wording implies stationary tanks can be engaged as well as moving targets (obviously the range for both is small though):

nice, will still be a nice feature for low altidue bombing to spot them early on without necesarily using a spotting pot

Misremembered that one, given the GMR output I’d be impressed if they saw anything stationary.

I look forward Tornado F3 CSP Q3 or Q4 this year, at least it very good new meta fighter aircraft toptier and no suffer in Air RB

Oh I agree, I don’t object to it being added, just want people to know it won’t be particularly revolutionary.

I will also add the Devs were considering a rework for the ARI 23274 but I’ve not heard much since.