Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I would love to know Gaijins acceptance criteria for new vehicles. Im aware the dev server is a space with unfinished vehicles.

What i do wonder though if no one flagged the multitude of errors would they enter the game in that state?

Before anyone loses their mind over this: all that has changed is marginally less thrust when flying at less than 200 km/h at low altitude. It’s basically nothing.

3 Likes

I have reported the LITENING II thermal resolution yes. Hoping LITENING III turns up before it hits production as well though.

5 Likes

Tornado is not just british

1 Like

sorry for getting tornado nerfed britain tax lol

I was at about 10k ft

Btw the IDS versions just lost 600 lbs of thrust

Well, it being a german plane is also part of the problem, so also sorry

1 Like

Yeah, If that is incorrect and can be fixed. Then that would be quite a sizeable buff. Just having decent IOG would at least give us minimal FNF

Well that’s a little disappointing, but not the end of the world.

It feels like their just rubbing salt in the wound after the huge speed loss.

Yeaaaah uh I think 4 PGM500s are defiantly gonna be the better call then 9 brimstones

Just wait for the “PGMs removed from the GR4” post now

4 Likes

yeah probably, if that happens would rather they just remove the 9Ms and place it at 11.7 for ground so there is a slight chance of a down BR

Can PGM 500s be fired using the nose FLIR?

yeah and the FLIR has a great range and decent thermals so I think its the call

1 Like

PGM can only track a target at 6-7~ km, you can hit a point target out much further but you can also just use EPW’s for that and carry more. Also as its a TV weapon time of day makes a massive difference to the track and point ranges, in “evening” conditions that track distance is down to 4.5km

while true, I still think the FnF at 7km is better then no FnF at all, they are also more likely to kill and will kill on a near miss

1 Like

Also easier to spot and shoot down.

PGMs will absolutely be superior. Brimstones are going to be DoA.

The only reason to play the GR4 over the GR1 currently would be if the PGMs routing through the internal optics remains allowing you to carry 4 vs the 3 on the GR1 (since you need the pod for thermals after the change).

FnF weaponry in general is far stronger because it allows you to disengage from the danger zone entirely immediately and allows you to go to re-arm for more bombing runs.

true, is also a lot safer the go to is probably a mix of PGMs and EPW, the brimstones just dont seem worth it with how dodgy they are