Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

@Gunjob sorry to bother you, just want to check that the wrong model being used for the Paveway IVs is a known issue?

They’re all placeholders right now, all 3 new Paveways are using the EPW2 model.

1 Like

does the GR4 use the same cockpit as the GR1 or is it different

New MFDs IRL I think

No it has relevant changes for the GR.4 like the new central map display and HUD projector

got a screenshot?

1 Like

any advice on reading the RWR?

Still no Hindenburg tanks

@Gunjob Is the MAWS from the TERMA All-aspect from the aircraft, or all-aspect from the pod?

So for example., if its on my left wing and a missile comes in from the right, will it see it in game? Or will we need to run 2x TERMA for maximum MAWS coverage?

oh also the 1st stage afterburner is visually distinct from the second now

Spoiler

5 Likes

As I’ve said to you before, full coverage you need two as the fuselage can obscure some of the sensors.

Missed that in your response earlier, thanks

Bug report for missing Brimstones on the wing pylons: Community Bug Reporting System

4 Likes

some good news, the launch sector limit for brimstone is completely irrelevant, you can fire outside of it and the missile will follow INS until it can see the laser.

some bad news, the range limit is legit, but that’s because of the 60s guide time. The limit is dynamic, so the range limit can vary depending on the launch situation.

the missiles do seem to have quite a low g-limit, so they’ll likely struggle against planes.

I’ll edit this after an ARB match with some more detail.

1 Like

@ITsBlueViper will disagree with you on that one

Lets give this a go, see if we can get it down to 12.0

Let me know if anyone has a suggestion for improvement for this argument.

2 Likes

(The Launch Limit is N/A as it’s not defined in the file, but it seems there is a limit in place. I assume it’s using the 45 degree limit of the seeker.)

The video below is in sensor view, so you can see the stats of the missiles I fire. They definitely exceed 450m/s, so no need to worry about statcard speed. They do seem to lose speed quite quickly though.

Spoiler

The match is basically humans v bots so it seemed a good chance to just mess around
https://youtu.be/3fFwd2dXzxM

Whats the T-pod resolution like? How are Brimstone when they actually hit

T-Pod is Lite II (Should be IIIA) and the Brim’s are just fat hellfires so they’re fine.

1 Like