Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Seems normal to me.

90% of the time they’ll be decoyed by a single flare…even on an afterburning target.

the other 10% it’ll get decoyed…but then re-lock the afterburning target.

Meanwhile you get 9E’s that just ignore flares on none afterburning targets.

Forwarded. Cheers.

1 Like

The Man, the Myth, the Legend

(I died about a minute later to an f14B)

1 Like

also whats the difference between the Skyflash DF and SuperTEMP, the stat cards look similar

Supertemp has a new motor that burns and then sustains for a total of 7s, gives better range and overall speed.

Previously they werent that bad in rear aspect, just seems they’ve gotten even worse

Also died to a AIM-9L I didn’t see haha :)

i died first ha i win

also just got a full downtier in the tornado. 8 missiles 6 kills which is good.

1 for 1 with all 4 skyflashes, 1 9l and a gun kill

We guess dev consider Tornado GR.4 this year or 2024 ?

AMRAAM when

1 Like

It was 3 years between the FGR2 and the Tornado Gr1. So… maybe 2025?

September major update… maybe. At least thats when they’ve hinted at adding more fox 3s. Though no idea if that will include retro-actively adding onto jets like the Tornado, or just adding new jets with them.

lovely, make the f3 even better bec funny. Its so much fun i just outran the entire enemy team in rb at mach 1.3 at 1000m and flared all their missiles

1 Like

Haha, just had the greatest A2A kill ever in the Torando Gr1. A mig-21 came at me head on, I hesitated on firing anything because i didnt have confirmed identity at least until the last second, but by then it was too close. He fired his guns at me but missed, but ended up colliding with me. He completely span out and crashed, meanwhile, I took 0 damage and barely felt it. It was more like minor turbulance than a high speed impact. :D

1 Like

The only thing i’d be concerned about, with my limited knowledge of how the amraam works, is the small maps.

Even though you can technically fire & forget the AIM-120, it still relies on your radar lock for mid course corrections until it goes pitbull.

So with the small maps, for those who fire and move to the next target, it could quite easily lock onto anyone when its seeker goes active. I feel like it’s going to cause a few TK’s unless we have a flawless TWS.

Side Quest-ion…

Do we have the ability, or would we get the ability to fire it maddog?

Probably not, as many of the missiles that should have some form of auxiliary fire mode(s) don’t. But a significant amount of that probably comes down to the existing simplifications of; ECM, ECCM, RWR and auxiliary sensors(e.g. IRST / EOTS, etc.) at this point and they would all need revision to allow for them to be employed properly. which appears to be occurring if slowly.

Additionally there would need to be effort that goes into figuring out / establishing target their sorting algorithm, as there are a number of ways to prioritize and sort potential contacts (closest range, first detected, nearest to the original point of aim, etc.) especially if they were ripple fired, or simultaneously launched at multiple tracks.

Should do, the modes of employment will be:
Queue missile and fire with no lock.
STT lock and fire, active terminal.
TWS lock and fire, active terminal.

in theory you should be able to accidently fire an amraam.

When Will come the skyflash Super temp changelog?

Huh?