Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Ah… Fair enough on that one. Was hoping maybe for Napalm on the Tornado :D

AGM-124 Wasp
https://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-124.html
Was cancelled in 1983

4 Likes

@Gunjob with the FM not being refined any further after next patch, does this also include combat thrust? Is it confirmed we will we not see that added to the F.3?

You mentioned a while ago they said “maybe” for adding that, wondered if the spaghetti code limits also means we can’t get that to compensate the speed drop.

1 Like

The quote from the developer was;

We will not do this at this time. Maybe in the future we will do it. But not now.

I don’t think the FM finalization will impact the addition of a new feature. But we can cross that bridge when we get there.

4 Likes

I see thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Add Super Etendard and Mirage 3E to the list

1 Like

I’ve added it to this list:

2 Likes

That rocket pod on the BOZ pylon is quite weird honestly lol

1 Like

I actually missed that, it is but also would be kinda fun :D

It’s the AGM-124 one of products of the Wide-Area Anti-Armour Munitions program that stalled and many of it’s components got reused, though there was a small run of fight tested prototypes.

The other significant components to come out of WAAAM are the CBU-92/B Anti Armor bomblet, a component of the BLU-108/B, as used by the CBU-97/B, -105/B, -115/B & JSOW (AGM-154B) Cluster-bombs.
And a TERCOM sensor schema that went into the Tomahawk and Brilliant Anti-Tank (Loitering variant)

Basically it was the program that was responsible for the development of the layout for the small formfactor MMW seeker that went on to be refined for use with the Longbow Hellfire / Brimstone & JAGM. (The Wasp also saw notional planning for use as a submunition for a variant of the HIMARS for convoy attack & Airfield defeat).

It was to Arm the A-10A / F-111A / F-16A / F-4E / A-7D with a significant quantity of Anti-Armour Missile as to halt Soviet tank columns and came in a large 8 x AUR pod with either a single or two pairs of pods of being mounted allowing for 16x or 32x missiles to be carried.

That looks like a finned variant of the 750lb BLU-1/B / -27/B.

1 Like

Its Tornado Tuesday.
The FM feels amazing.
Were obliterating millions.

7 Likes

New FM is very good now (i know ive said already), you can actually get the gun on people as youve got pretty solid nose authority compared to before and while it does bleed alot of speed it also turns pretty well so its in a much better place as its now actually able to dogfight which is nice.

4 Likes

The plane is great, the BR not so much

1 Like

This plane finally feels like a meaningful upgrade over the Phantoms and definitely worth the grind.

Gosh I wish the tornados had engines like the F111F😂

I can finally defend against missiles! haha And even reattack! Before if my first AMRAAM was defeated I was basically toast, but no longer :3.

10 Likes

Just beat Mig-29 in a dogfight in my first match, wasn’t even particularly difficult, its so much better now :)

1 Like

Was beating 16s on dev server, so it should be entirely comfortable with the 29.

Poor 29, undeserving of the hatchets the yanks cast at you.

it beat one too many F-16s and got sent to the shadow realm (abysmal dogshit of a FM)

2 Likes

I miss its good flight model so much…

1 Like