Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Still waiting on them to add the red tops and sraams all aspect capability, as well as fix the fm for both. The sraam would become a pretty potent missile again while the red top would allow for jets like the sea vixen and lightning to finally move up as to not see 8.3 anymore.

1 Like

Red top all aspects I don’t think would be an issue at its respective BRs. Easy enough to defeat those with a lazy turn, but SRAAM all-aspect would need a BR increase and whilst something like a Hawk with CMs would be fine with them. The hunter F6 and harrier Gr1 would only suffer for it. But the double range and TVC fixes though would be an ample buff…

3 Likes

your forgetting about the jags, as one of them could get it. But at the moment they are all but usless unless your in sim. Most of the time your facing jets that far outclass you all while your required to get within 1.5km due to the limited range of the missile. Worst of all is the limited gs it can pull as gaijin still havent bothered to attempt to fix it even after the r73 addition causing it to not pull nearly as much as it could irl.

With the all apsect capability it could then fill a similar role to r60ms at top tier where you just use them as head on joust or for when your cannons simply cant get on target.

All-aspect SRAAMs would be fun on other aircraft, even the Tornado. But unlikely to ever come unfortunately

SRAAMs and HMD for the tornado would actually be insanely fun and interesting, sadly this wont happen. But this could happen for the jag gr 4 if they stick with allowing ground hmd being able to slave missiles. Would make for an excellent dog fighter compared to the hunter and jag which both suffer from lackluster performance for the br.

yeah, if that goes unfixed for the A-10C. then the Tornado Gr4 could get a nice buff out of it;. Though we do still have PHC that could be modeled for all other Tornados

Thatll just never happen tho…

Wait, can the F3 get a HMD ? Historically speaking I mean.

Would be absolutely huge for the aircraft if it can.

I just got the Supertemp yesterday. I honestly struggled grinding the plane. The skyflash are horrible to use when the plane is in constant uptier. I barely managed a 1:1 KDR and that was mostly because most of my Skyflash kills were a suicide joust at low altitude where I got a kill nut got hit by a 27R1 or 7M in return.

Supertemp are much better for the time-to-target, so I will probably manage better stats with time, but honestly I think I’m gonna shelve the plane for now. It’s simply unsuited for constant uptier into F16s and F15s. It’s a beast in downtier matches, like in 11.3-12.3 matches, but I’d rat8her play the EJ Kai most of the time I think. I’ll give it more shots later now that I got the ST.

This plane honestly highlight the need for further decompression. It offers a very fair fights against the late Phantom family, Mig23, Mirage F1, even the first Mig29 and F16A with 9L only, but it struggle against anything more advanced.

Tho if it can get a HMD… man, that would be amazing for a more defensive playstyle. Having to point the nose or rely on the TWS for acquiring a target is a big downside for a plane that refuse to turn.

The only Tonka F to get HMD was TIARA, so that was not a serial thing, and most likely will not be added to F3.

I assume TIARA was an upgrade package or a specific aircraft

Perhaps we could get it as a modification?

It was a specific aircraft operated out of Boscombe Down.
F.2A Tornado Integrated Avionics Research Aircraft (TIARA), ZD902

Have you tried the dogfight ACM mode ? It’s the tall box shape, not a HMD but can be very useful in some situations when u need to get a sidewinder off quickly.

It honestly works perfectly in dog fights and allows for quick release of SARH missiles in dog fights.

2 Likes

We could get pilot hand controls which would essentially be HMS but limited to only IR missiles and only to the missiles FoV.

It was a small joystick by the pilots right thumb on the stick that allowed the pilot to slew the seeker of the missile around.

But as manyfaces pointed out. The ACM mode works fairly well

1 Like

I can see them potentially if the F3 Late ever needed it being given the HMD as a like “well its now fighting much stronger opponents and really does need it to give it a helping hand”, or potentially if there was another F3 (somehow) with ASRAAM and say AIM-120C i can see it also potentially being given the HMD there, but on the current iterations of the Tornado i cant see it being given as they perform pretty well without both the HMD and a FM on live :p

That could potentially be an interesting premium or event vehicle then

The ACM mode on the Tornado is great, just get your aircraft vertically lined up with a target and you can slave missiles almost like you have HMD

I used it to get sidewinders off at high AoA on F14s on the dev server, honestly really useful, they dont expect it

1 Like

I did, I also use it on the F4EJ Kai. But it has the bad habit to lock on missiles and allies.

Spoiler

d954912e9616cba49d4db069cb7c015bbe8e8932_2_1000x701

Saw in another thread

I know its Marketing material, but anyone got any information on the “Wasp Pod” (#7) or the Napalm Dispenser (#27)

Those could be interesting additions

Not even marketing material, its just an encyclopedia type book like “World Air Power” etc etc. Basically useless information.

1 Like