Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I could see it happening, if the existing JDAMs don’t have as much of an impact as Gaijin want them to the same way the R-27ER got added in response the days after the patch dropped.

Phimat in place of drop tanks;

Phimat outboard stub pylon;

Phimat carried outboard to counter balance the TRD;

6 Likes

4 Phimat
3 BOL
Excellent

Fingers crossed
Tornado Specific:
Turn rate finally accurate
Wing Sweep Fix
A2A Belt
Radar Roll Stabilisation
Phimat Pods
Rest:
AMRAAM turn efficiency improvement

Final BR’s:
12.3 and 13.3

3 Likes

I’d say a maximum of two, since the most fit to a single Tornado has been two in the inboard pylon configuration.

Theres a new problem…The Tornados are now substantially slower

im guessing its something to do with drag changes made for better turn. I tested the F.3 on both live sever and dev server to compare,

With 60% fuel and 4SW I took them both to 300m sea level and timed the accelleration from mach 1+

F.3 (Live) Time to mach 1.19 / 1431KpH (IAS) - 1 minute 15 seconds
F.3 (Dev) Time to mach 1.18 / 1423KpH (IAS) - 2 minutes 2 seconds

I stopped the timer when the F.3 roughly maxed out in accelleration, it can go faster but no point as it would take considerably longer and as you can see It speaks for itself. The F.3 on the dev is both slower but more importantly takes considerably longer to accellerate.

EDIT: to clarify this was the time it took to reach those speeds from Mach 1.

3 Likes

That is by no means a small change lol, may want to bug report it as its definitely not intended, cant be having our bus have even worse top speed and acceleration. Also, would now be a good time to bug report the emergency power?

Yeah especially since speed was already a weak point, when it’s supposed to be the aircrafts one trump card.

I mean ppl call skill issue but I’ve had J35s and F5s run me down in a strait line lol

Is it safe to assume that the Tornadoes can only take 1 CM dispenser per wing?

Really not sure how this has happened tbh, ahhh, from Mach 1. Hmm

Yeah I don’t feel like sitting down and watching paint dry from take off to top speed, I did read some drag changes in the data mines for the FM change.

Yeah I’d say there is connectivity for one Phimat per wing.

oh i was meaning more like, you wouldn’t be able to take Phimat+BOL

No there are configs with BOL and Phimat;
Those ASRAAM inboard are on BOL and outboard there is a Phimat.

So we’d be able to take the 2 BOL we have already as well as 2 outboard Phimats? Cool

Possibly only one? iirc the other was used for TRD, unless it’s a situation similar to the GR.1 where you could take two Phimats but never tended to because you had TRD on the other pylon

found the issue

Any data to adress this?

the acceleration on the tornado always felt a little scuffed so now that its an actual issue i hope we can get it to a proper level

3 Likes