Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

from what I recall the tornado is overperforming in sustained turns and underperforming in instantaneous (or the other way around, I don’t fully recall) as “compensation” for not being able to use slats while the wings have sweep. If/when flap-slat separation is added (and functional), the FM will be changed accordingly and from what I gather it’ll be pretty much spot on to documentation.

It is physically impossible for the tornado FM to be downgraded from what it already is lmfao.

I would rather play an FGR with amraams. If you have me the choice because that thing actually turns. The instantaneous pull of the tornado is so bad an F104 will one circle you in some cases

Its irrlevant though your missile hits 1 second before you try and defeat their Aim7F or M in your pig of an airframe.

The M tracks and pulls harder and BOL pods are still nerfed.

f104s out one circle lightnings so im not sure whats wrong, us or them.

Ok I’m currently having the worst experience I’ve ever had playing the f3. Bearing in mind I’m playing the 11.3 variant which is on the whole seeing more favourable competitors.

Multipathing changes have made this plane ungodly painful, you are the worst jet airframe at physically notching and defending against radar missiles and god forbid an f14 spams you with Aim 54s. Good luck dodging them and you can’t fly low anyway because they just kill you with splash damage.

Yes the super temp benefits from multipathing changes but guess what so does everyone else.

What makes me frustrated is the fact there are simple changes that could be made to improve the gameplay experience that are being neglected. Slats and combat thrust of course won’t turn it into a typhoon but it will sure as hell make the jet more enjoyable than this. No one expects the F3 to be meta but lord no jet should be this painful and difficult to fly

But what do I know I’m not a game designer I just play the game

2 Likes

FLy high, higher than anyone else. it sounds counter intuitive but trust me. When your above everyone else, 2 out of 5 games youll prbably be bum rushed by the most brain dead of f4s/f14/mig 23 pilots. However, with altitude you can focus more on the notching aspect without wrrying about hitting the floor, in combination with your radar that can track a target while notching, you can keep them pesky f14s away from you.

This doesnt really work in upteirs as good luck getting a skyflash off with 18 different aim 120s heading for you, but facing your own br you should fair alot better. Only problem ive had is the limited radar angles you limited to without getting into radar angles and manual queuing.

It is a struggle bus for certain, i still die when i inevitably get 3 guys all on me firing every missile they have just to get the kill (cant even run from them half the time), but if its a 1 vs 1, i feel comfortable even facing r27ers due to the ability to ntoch whilest still guiding in my own, plus they only have 2 that you need to dodge. Now we both have to figure out what to do when they get within ir range, as all ive got is to cross my fingers and hope its not an 11.0+ jet.

Not sure if anyone already reported this, couldn’t find it; but the F.3 Late cannot use its BOL CMs right after unlocking it. (probably until the Aim9L mod is researched, not sure yet, haven’t got it yet)
Feel free to bump this
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/fjWNJCNQRAi3

So this was apparently fixed on the Tornado F.3 Early…

Fixed on late now, just waiting for the fix to hit production.

2 Likes

Could the tornado F.3 carry more BOL pods?

No, wiring limitation.

TWZ has an article now on the F.2A TIARA being sold;

2 Likes

I’ve also contacted Jared Isaacman and provided him with my manual collection for Tornado F.2/F.2A/F.3 which he was very grateful for.

5 Likes

I have unlocked the BOL and the 9L’s and M’s. I can use the Bol flares but it wont let me select chaff for them. (I do not have the flare chaff mod. But i thought that because it said Flare/chaff BOL i would be able to use chaff on those and not the normal CM) is it supposed to be that way? Bit misleading if it is

You need to unlock normal Flare/Chaff for it.

Seems Gaijin needs to change the module name to just ‘BOL’ to reduce misunderstanding.

1 Like

The BOL mod just unlocks the BOL rails, the “Flare/Chaff” mod gives you custom countermeasures.

1 Like

I hope he remembers to purchase a working flight model for his tornado.

2 Likes

Those come seperate and usually 4-6 years after they fly.

4 Likes

The stock grind on the F.3 late is bloody agonizing rn

4 Likes

It’s almost as if gaijin designed it that way to force you to spend GE on vital upgrades :)))))))))))))))))