Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

The report is still open as it’s not been finished.

3 Likes

Is phimat planned now? i cant remember if you have answered that sorry if you have.

It’s not currently.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the response, do you know if tornado getting stock irccm is possible with the KVS now getting that treatment?

I mean it should’ve been in game months ago but either they couldn’t be bothered or never solved the issue with it on the Jaguars and crashing the game…

So… Another update, still no work for the tornado… Such a shame

Not long now, it’ll only be another 2-3 years

It does have an updated radar scope at least

Barely even noticed it. Rather disappointed with this update. no chaff, not even hindenburg tanks. I slightly get the Gr1, maybe the tank would need a reskin. But come-on. Not even the F3 got them.

Least the F.3 Late got the Hindenburg’s.

Question for all, did the F.3 really not have an all-aspect radar?

For the Auto-ACM mode thing?

Yeag as far as I’m aware there was no MPRF mode

Yeah, no MPRF but it is one of the best all-aspect radars in game :D

1 Like

no it didnt get mprf, doesnt change much in game

Just loses its IRL auto-ACM mode unforutnately.

The radar used FMICW, which is a type of HPRF, so the game considers it a PD HDN radar. However the performance is better than a lot of all-aspect radars in game, so it’s hardly an issue.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/mc0WjH1JhBiW
Hiya @Smin1080p
This was closed but ive been told isnt suitable for the suggestion section either, not sure what im meant to do here so hope you could help. Thanks

Gaijin probably think that they need a reskin for those tanks on the F.3 as well, because the F.3 and F.3 late are a very slightly different shade of grey from one another (“Barley” Grey on the F.3, Medium Sea Grey on the F.3 late) 😄

Using plain grey 2250 litre tanks on GR.1s is comfortably historical though. There are plenty of photos of occasions where GR.1s are flying with tanks that were taken from F.3s without repainting them. I think I’ve seen one or two where F.3s had camouflaged tanks from GR.1s as well.
So applying the camo pattern to them wouldn’t be 100% necessary for the GR.1 either.

1 Like

i am able to sheed a bit of light into it, the reason is simple compare the bvr missles, while the tornado late gets access to super temps the ice only gets aim 120 at tier 4 modifications
The start is supposed to balance it a bit

Now I can’t unsee them, holy moly it’s a different shade of grey lmao. I thought it was the same.