Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

So nothing new :(

Nothing new no.

Even the F3 manual? I knew the GR1 one was floating about somewhere

Even the F.3 one.

The other thing of note in that document is the 9L fusing on chaff, that could be a great addition to help curb the A-10 spam around 10.0 for planes like the F-105 in the civil war matchmaking

The FOIA quoted in the whatdotheyknow request are my FOIA’s. Had them since Feb 2023.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity did you go to DBS-KI records for that? Not sure where else it currently is atm

Just FOIA’d the RAF directly.

What’s that?

Oh fairs, thought it was a different one as this FOI was from like 02/03/2024

Idk, just where the RAF says they physically are ATM pending release to the national archives I think

From my FOIA’s;

Spoiler

Seems it stands for

Defence Business Services Knowledge & Information

Firstly, thanks for sharing.

Secondly, did they seriously just accidentally send the wrong one (F.3 manual) after intending to say that it was exempt? lmao. We’ve definitely got our best people keeping this info safe.

Nah it was just the 1987 TM, they mentioned it was under further review ahead of being available in the NA. Its the same version released to me last year.

2 Likes

icl I must be being an absolute Muppet cos I can’t find these foi releases lmao
Can foi releases be subsequently hidden or am I stupid lmao

Well you say that, but it has stuff in it from tests conducted in 1989

Not all FOIA’s are on whatdotheyknow. The can also be done direct via email.

Yeah 1987 is the year it was published, it has amendments from years after. Like I said, isn’t new information. Its been used on multiple bug reports here already.

“Sorry ignore that last email saying F35B”

They better improve

Would have to agree the Tornados flight model makes it so difficult to play with F-104s being able to out turn you in a high speed turn! The MiG 23 (How is that BR still 11.3?) literally outclasses anything at that BR and in an uptier has the lethal R-24.

With recent changes the Phoenix buff the Tornado cant play BVR and it cant dogfight its really in a sorry position right now.

Like so many additions rushed into the game we would have been better waiting for a more realistic flight model then what we currently have.

7 Likes