Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Try and tell that to gaijin. Cuz aparently an aircraft unable to pull more than 3GS with payload irl can put turn us.

1 Like

It also really doesn’t help that you have to haul 2x BOZ pods and all that weight/drag, but for basically no benefit. 1200 chaff would make it worth it, whilst still having 56 flares (that I think are underperforming)

1 Like

Still waiting on them to accept the boz pods for the 9l rails. Would go a long way to help us become usable other than just hugging the deck and getting chased in seconds.

Yeah I agree it’s so frustrating having to sacrifice already crap performance for a measly amount of countermeasures.

Yeah, 2x BOL would mean we could ditch the BOZ for now, for 6x the amount of CMs for reduced drag and weight

that is correct, my bad
ASSTA 3.1 Testbed

I’m guessing the later ASSTA’s combine the MFG, IDS and ECR onto the same common upgrade? Or am I wrong?

yeah basically. even IDS these days carry jammer pods and ARMs

also here

a bit on 3.1

here an IDS with AGM-88s

Can the statcard actually be trusted on the SUPERTEMP’s speed? I know it says 4.4M which indicates it’s a pretty fast missile but I just had an engagement with a Mig 23 where we fired at the same time at high altitude and our missiles arrived at the same time despite me heavily cranking twice and him flying dead straight.

After playing the ej Kai with the 7fs I can safely say the super temp is one of the worst sarh missiles I’ve had the displeasure of using at top tier. I prefer the dog fights over them on the gripen as I can at least head on people with them and get hits. They really need to buff the super temps to actualy track and reach their top speed.

Or even reduce their drag maybe as it’s a running theme of British missiles having exceedingly high drag.

1 Like

But the STemp are based on DF ones, they are just bigger and have a sustainer.

There’s two things though. Acceleration and top speed. From what I can tell the R-24 has a better T/W ratio than the ST.

No statcard should be trusted, for missile speeds please refer to this website:
https://wt.flareflo.dev/missile_ballistics

Interesting tool that.

So basically the skyflash’s rocket motors are some of the weakest in the game and then they drop like a brick once the sustainer runs out. The R-24R straight up beats it to distance in most scenarios.

They are the fastest out of aim7 variants during the inital launch, but after ~10s the 7f/m overtakes it

You should ignore statcard values for the most part. SuperTEMP dV is 798.5m/s, R24 is 734.54m/s, max speed for both is 1500m/s so the biggest difference at range will be drag and energy bleed from control surfaces I think

While the r24r can hit shit bellow 1km while the sky flash has trouble hitting this in general. After grinding out the 7fs on the ej Kai I only just realised how terrible the superTEMPS are and honestly I’ve already swapped the the skyflash dog fights as at least they can be used in headons. The superTEMPS are simply outclassed in every metric.

SuperTemp and SFDF are exactly the same except the motor and range differences

Apart from the dog fight being lighter and so able to pull harder quicker. They are much better in head ons as superTEMPS tend to just miss slightly which gets anoying. Plus I don’t even use SARH missiles beyond 7km so I don’t see a point in using superTEMPS over them.

The extra 0.4 Mach and the longer burn time does help, even in closer ranges. I’ve tried using the DFs on the Gripen, and whilst nothing is going to win Vs R27ER, Vs Aim7Ms from the F16/F15, you can feel it.