Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

IMG_2378

IMG_2376

Hmmm

gaijin when

6 Likes

Maybe it would be better if you copied your entire post from the other topic here again. In my opinion it was very convincing.

I do get that, however the performance is still too low, there is only one sweep(45M) which we cannot account for, every other sweep we have modellable data for. Currently 25M underperforms especially at low speeds.

1 Like

Does anyone here have MIG 23 MLD? It has automatic slats afaik, and i would like to know if they work with wings swept

That the premium one?

No, the tt one, the folder one, premium is ML

Then no sadly

So I’m guessing this means that we’re stuck with the absolute boat flight model forever because I doubt the neccessary changes are being worked on?

That’s my worry. Now we’ve got the Gripen C, why do any work on the tornado that rarely gets played. I doubt we’ll see it finished till the next round of Tornados like the GR4

So are you saying no slats? Because it should have them as they are part of the aircraft’s standard operation. You wouldn’t simply neglect to add gun depression or reverse gear to a tank?

We have multiple planes like the MLD, F111, SU17 that should have the same bus like performance as the Tornado but don’t. So I don’t get why the Tornado has to be like this.

1 Like

I have it, and yes it’s got auto slats with wing sweep…

Can you record that please? I need a video of them workign with wings in full sweep.

It’s nice seeing the f111 have a little fun but it is depressing when they can actually tussle more than the tornados while actually having the speed to run away while at a lower br. What I would do for a tornado at anything bellow 11.3 as it’s just a hell hole that I don’t even touch anymore. Haven’t flown out my tornado since they added 9ms and for good reason.

To be honest the F111 was what I expected the Tornado to be like, fast with average manoeuvrability. The Tornado will beat it in a sustained turn but that’s only cuz it doesn’t pull any alpha to bleed speed.

Call me crazy but I do prefer the Tornado FM to the Vark purely because the speed bleed is insane and leaves you vulnerable. But at least you can do something well and just run away from everyone.

2 Likes

Just for a fun example of just how broken the Tornado’s FM is.

I got 1 light orange elevator’s worth of battle damage and I could no longer turn the aicraft at all, the rudder was more useful.

2 Likes

Yeah a mig 29 with a black elevator turns about the same lmao.

I wouldn’t mind if every fighter at the tornados br will kill it in the one circle every time. I never get a chance to rate fight anyone.

Been like that since the start, same with the sea vixen, same with the jag, same with the t2. A yellow elevator will stop you from pulling more than 1 g. A missing elevator from one side will do the same. Makes for dog shit balancing when your guns can damage a tail and the enemy is fine but for you it’s a death sentence.

Though did somehow land a Buc with no flaps/ailerons. Using only yaw to steer the aircraft 🤣

2 Likes

Same, it’s not supposed to do that. But it also shouldn’t be as bricky as it is.

No one complains about the F104 losing a one circle to a phantom because that how it’s supposed to be. If it was the other way round then we’d have a problem.

I shouldn’t die in a one circle against an F111 in my tornado lmao

2 Likes