Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

(“Please have good news”)

4 Likes

Indeed, although likely an ASSTA mod or later too. So it would also be best to confirm exactly which rather than speculate or guess.

Guided weaponry does of course mean the BR is subject to an increase. Which is another important consideration the developers have in mind. However as we said, suggestions via historical reports can of course be made and submitted for consideration.

1 Like

If i am not wrong its a ASSTA 3.1

2018:

2021:

Of course, it would likely join the rest of the Tornado IDS at 11.3 and would just be a premium C&P of the TT version. That was what was expected and for a time, it was leaked that it would be a Gr1 C&P from Saudi Arabia for Britain.

The issue is, is that at 11.0, Unguided weapons (especially those available on the WTD, with the missing CBUs) is unforutunately, insuffecient for GRB a lot of the time. Meaning that the aircraft holds limited value for anyone in that gamemode. The overall issues pertaining to interdictors/strike aircraft at higher tiers (made extremely apparent following the F-111) means its value in air modes is also questionable.

At the moment, the WTD61 only holds value for thsoe like myself who play ASB, where guided weapons arent needed and you can actually use the Tornado IDS as it was intended (and actually help the team)

So there are several possible solutions to the WTD61s situation.

The 2 that immediately come to mind then are:

• Convert to the ECR variant and add guided weapons at 11.3
  • Remove 9Ls and repalce with 9Gs and lower the BR.

IMG_20231223_113359
IMG_20231223_113259
IMG_20231223_113152

(“Please have good news”)

1 Like

98-77 it is IDS

@Smin1080p

IMG_20231223_113152

Just wanted to clarify that there never was a “leaked” Saudi premium. It was always from the very beginning German. Whoever made those lists that were doing the rounds seemed to have guessed it was British and then the Saudi speculation came after that.

No options are entirely removed from the table, with the exception of the ECR change. It is in effect a different type of aircraft and this particular change is not one currently under any consideration.

Im afraid I’m not going to be able to deliver any news to you here today that I have not already given. As I said suggestion bug reports are welcome on any weaponry that can be proven for WTD-61 Tornado IDSs as long as it clarifies the variant and ASSTA modification. I just jumped in earlier to clarify that one of the images was checked by the devs and found to be an ECR variant. Not an IDS.

2 Likes

Whilst we’ve got you here and talking about the Tornado. Any news on the missing slat code? or any other of the missing features and additions, like the radar for all of them or BOL for the GR1?

The what?

Slats are not separate from flaps, so you cant deploy them when wings are even slightly swept

1 Like

Ahhh

The Tornado’s are missing their leading edge slats I think it is and the result is that the Tornado is missing something like 5-10% of its high speed turn performance and about 60% of its low speed turn performance

Edit: What devil said puts it far better

4 Likes

Oof

Dont directly quote me on that, but I think it was @Fireball_2020 doing some bug reporting for it and I think thats what hes said in the past.

Sorry in advance if it was someone else. Was a while ago

Arent the missing % compensated in the FM, there were some changes to it since its release, and iirc some of them were made as a compensation?

As its currently the holiday season, any news in general on reports or developments will naturally not be common from now. Most staff and developers will be on holiday in the coming days and weeks into the new year.

Leading edge slats being deployable at sweep angels is a technical hurdle. A workaround to achieve as close as is currently possible FM performance was already deployed some time ago.

Many aircraft in game do not yet have fully functioning ground radars. The MFG has some functionality due to the AS.34. Its possible this may be expanded on other aircraft (not just limited to the Tornado) in the future, but we don’t have any particular news to report.

BOL for the GR.1 was submitted as a suggestion to the developers as it was tested. But has not yet been confirmed to come. Only accepted for consideration.

4 Likes

I think the FM has placeholder performance buff, but its wrong, or new info was found, or something that would mean an increase in performance but since there is no point bug reporting a temporary FM, they arent gunna be fixed until after the code is finished.

Yes, the FM has a compensation currently built in to account for what would otherwise be generated by the slats, to as close as can currently be achieved within the game limitations right now.

2 Likes

How could this also even happen?
I mean they use the same Radar