Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Im looking into that, i just got it to confirm to myself. But sadly no luck yet

I cant find anything in the net. Anyone has anything?

Though if Gen 3 optics are appearing as low as 11.3. Then it does beg the question why SNIPER hasnt been added yet. That’s gen 3 right? I dont think the Gr1 ever had SNIPER, but Gr7 did as far as I know

Yes, Gr7 equipped it. Why it is not? I think due to zoom. Or just no.
Well, isnt sniper 3+ (1920/1080)? Apaches got 3+ and Arrowhead Thermal sensor is Sniper standard.

There is a report in to change TIALD to 2nd gen.

8 Likes

TIALD pods used the UK TICM 2 (Thermal Imaging Common Module), which uses the SPRITE detector. Although SPRITE detector was 1st generation, but was rated as 1.5 generation. Because it provided images of similar quality to 2nd generation.

However, if the developer decides to use vehicles using the UK TICM 2 module as the 1st generation, the 2nd generation thermal of the Challenger 2 will be changed to the 1st generation.

7 Likes

Got anything about sniper?

Made sense when Gr7 was new why not, but now… feels unncessary.

Though on the other hand. If they give the Gr7 too many upgrades, the Gr9 would become almost entirely pointless, I already think 9Ms were a mistake for it

more and more TGP will be change to 2 gen thermal, where is GR7 sniper (copium)

4 Likes

So gen 3 it is then

That would be a shame.

There are two different thermal imagers used by TIALD depending on which version of the pod you are talking about.

Gajin plan chance targeting pod for Tornado GR.1 & Tornado IDS ASSTA 1 in next major update ?

Of course I mean TIALD 400

The latter seems to be the more likely.

1 Like

Thank god. Always thought it was weird that the quality was so bad

Ah yes, the gear im missing. My plane is a goner

Can anybody explain to me why the Tornado’s TIALD pod modification is called this?

Gr 1B is a version of the tornado. Main thing bout it was Anti ship missiles, but i guess it is worth noting by gaijin standards

Jag 1A also has it