Pakistan & Bangladesh Tech Tree

pakistan also has some version of the bayraktar, but seeing as pakistan also produces ts own drones, i excluded the bayraktar as a possible attack drone for pakistan (if ever added lol)

If I’m not mistaken Pakistan is supposed produce Akinci and TB-2

1 Like

BBT-2 has completed it’s trials and soon it will be revealed to the public. Hopefully it will get some offensive armaments.
Also our locally made attack drone is going to be revealed soon.

1 Like

considering the new ‘meta’ of drone warfare… itll be a necessary endeavour

BBT-2. This plane is probably based on Aermacchi SF.260 It has 6 hard points to carry suspended armaments. Those suspended armaments are most likely going to be turkish origin. We might see Cirit 70mm rocket or MAM-L as it’s suspended armament.

Brief History: BBT-2 is a basic trainer made by BAC. BBT-2 is Bangladesh’s first locally made combat capable aircraft. In 2019 Bangladesh started to work on it’s own domestic aircrafts. So far two aircrafts have been made by BAC. BBT-1 was a prototype aircraft to test the abilities of BAC. Later with the help from Aermacchi BAC developed a new basic trainer aircraft called BBT-2. One prototype BBT-2 aircraft has done trials in November,2023.
I’m not sure if this is based on a existing design of a Aermacchi aircraft but it looks a lot like SF.260.

Engine: It is powered by a Rolls-Royce M250 340 kW turboprop engine.

Max Speed: 354 Km/h

Service ceiling: 6500m(Approximately)

Payload capacity: Around 800 Kg

Suspended Armaments:
It has six hard points to use suspended armaments. (So far we have only seen a prototype BBT-2 so it’s hard to tell what kind of armaments it might get in the production variant)

• Dumb bomb
  • Gun pod
  • Rocket pod
  • Laser guided bombs.
    Bangladesh airforce has plans to use Turkish origin Laser guided bombs and other weapons. Since it’s a new aircraft very few information is available regarding it’s armaments. If it’s based on Aermacchi SF.260 then it should be able to carry what SF.260 can carry.
Spoiler

BBT-1:

Some suspended armaments of Aermacchi SF.260

Spoiler

Sources:

Spoiler

IMG_1700914470278

At this rate soon we might see a combat capable jet.

1 Like

That is… very wishful

My predictions could be true since we already use cirit(we use it on our selex falco drone) and mam L(Bayraktar TB-2).
Most local defence forums have said that it can use suspended armaments since it’s inspired from Aermacchi M-290TP(Both are very similar in appearance). It’s only claimed by them so we have to wait for official statement on it’s armaments.

There is a major difference between a combat capable jet aircraft and what you called a “proper fighter jet”.

What is nowadays a proper fighter jet is beyond nations such as Bangladesh to design and produce without extensive foreign help, at which point one might as well just import something.
Even IF a fighter jet were made, it would not at all be comparable to local threats such as the HAL Tejas or Indian SU-30’s.

I think you have misunderstood my reply. I meant we might see a proper combat capable trainer or something like that. I didn’t mean it’s going to be a actual fighter jet.
I know Bangladesh does not have the capability to make modern jets on it’s own.

There is no misunderstanding on my behalf, it is a case of you phrasing things incorrectly if you didn’t mean what you stated.

I didn’t expect that people would take the literal meaning of it. Anyways I’ll edit my reply.

when in comes to combat capable trainer or propeller aircraft designed after 2000 with modern weapons, i honestly struggle to see balanced ways of implementation in WT. not on part of the designers but of the WT developers and managers.
because recently we have seen a focus on fast-paced, high explosive and high adrenaline based combat.
ig tictok and insta scrolling has ruined warthunder from ways we didnt expect

2 Likes

Al Zarrar with a weird looking turret

2 Likes

How I love such obscure modifications

2 Likes

al zarrar Thar tests modification?
regardless this could be a low teir event vehicle without the ERA blocks mounted…

That site mentioned sahara desert. Did Pakistan test it in sahara?

not as far as i know

1 Like

A move was also made in the 1980s to market the aircraft to the Pakistan Air Force with a license production manufacture of the aircraft. It was evaluated by a Pakistani contingent in the United States, with the F-20 being flown by Abbas Mirza, a senior Pakistani Air Force fighter pilot.[73] Of the components of the F-20, the radar would end up being the most successful; Taiwan selected it for the Ching-kuo, South Korea also adopted it for the KAI T-50 Golden Eagle trainer aircraft. As sales prospects were not apparent early on, GE sold their radar division, which was eventually acquired by Lockheed Martin.[74]

The MiG 29BM is Belarusian-made, not bongladesky in any way

It is not Belarusian made and no one here ever stated that it is Bangladeshi made either.
The mig-29 was purchased by Bangladesh and some units were sent to Belarus for modernisation to SMT standard.