Oto Melara C13/25

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The C13 was an Italian IFV that was made in the seventies. It’s story started when the Italian company Oto Melara started to design a new ifv in a private venture. The platform was designed to be a small, compact, and reliable multi-role vehicle capable of using multiple turrets and lodouts. The OTO made the vehicle as a possible stopgap between the older M113 and the newer projects like the Dardo, Bradley, and Warrior. Later, the company pushed the vehicle to replace the M113, which was used all around the world. The first two prototyopes were completed in 1983, both with different turrets. In the following years, the two prototypes were the subject of multiple tests, regardless of the other possible configurations. In 1987, another prototype was built, and the company started to market all the versions that were tested in those years. Unfortunately, in 1999, after all the testing and marketing campaigns, the project was stopped since no deal was signed from the start. Talking about its characteristics, the C13’s multiple configurations allowed it to be used for all possible purposes. This one in particular was one of the two IFV variants, armed with a 25 mm Oerlikon autocannon. The veichle is protected entirely by alluminium plates that can provide good protection against small firearms and medium-caliber machineguns. The crew was composed of three men, a commander, a driver, and a gunner. It is also able to carry up to nine fully armed infantrymen in the rear compartment. In the engine department, the C13 features an Isotta Fraschini Model ID 38 SS V6 supercharged diesel engine rated at 268.56 kilowatts (360 horsepower) at 2,800 revolutions per minute. It is mounted on the right side of the front of the vehicle. This engine gives the C13 one gearbox backward and five forward, with a maximum speed of 70 km/h. The tanks can store a total of 400 liters of fuel, allowing the vehicle to reach a total range of 500 km. In this configuration, the turret was capable of mounting a 25- or 20-mm Oerlikon autocannon with a 7.62-mm machinegun on top of the turret.

Why it should be in the game: It will give to the Italian TT a powerfoul IFV at a lower br compared to Dardo.

Specifications:

Spoiler

Sources

Spoiler

https://www.militarypedia.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/OtoMelara-C13.pdf
Dardo - Militarypedia
7/1985 PUB OTO MELARA LA SPEZIA OTO C13 BLINDE COMBAT ORIGINAL FRENCH AD | eBay
Army Guide
9/1984 PUB OTO MELARA LA SPEZIA OTO C13 BLINDE AIFV ORIGINAL FRENCH AD | eBay
OTO Melara 1990 brochure
Lès vèhicules blindès de combat d’infanterie OTO C 13
OTO Melara 1905 - 2005
Jane’s Armour and Artillery 1983-84

Pictures

Spoiler

11 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Is the sidam version real? I thought it was a photoshop, but there it is on an official advertisement. anyway +1 for more c13s

2 Likes

Approved +1.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

1 Like

Sure, why not. More autocannon things is fun. +1

2 Likes

we need this tank. +1

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1 yes to all the versions displayed in the suggestion , we need them

2 Likes

yoo SIDAM II go hard af

1 Like

20mm version will propably end in 6.3/6.7(with hvap Shells) or 7.0/7.3(with apds ammo) and 25mm somewere around 8.0. all this options sound great to me :D

4 Likes

The C13 is my favourite light tank in War Thunder. More configurations of this chassis would make me a happy man!

5 Likes

It would be a beautiful vehicle to put in BR 7.0 together with C13 T90

2 Likes

VBC with this gun is 9.0 and C-13 have not that worse mobility while less armour. It will play like tracked, smaller BTR80

I bet 7.3/7.7

1 Like

BTR80 at 30mm in turret and has tyres that make it faster.
VBC is fine at BR 7.0 or at most you can put it at BR 7.3.
But going beyond BR 7.3 and putting it at BR 7.7 seems too much for this vehicle.

1 Like

Oerlikon KBA have higher rate of fire and APDSFS with better pen

Tyres works worse on unstable ground, tracks gives you turning in place.

IFV style layout helps in survivaliblity so 7.7 sounds possible

I don’t think it’s armed with APDSFS… the main post doesn’t specify it… and my reasoning was based on the fact that they add it in the game without the APDSFS, but armed with APDS… otherwise if the developers add it armed with APDSFS I admit you’re right.

My resoning is that it would be strange it this will be only Vechicle with this gun without APDSFS, but for lower BR
I wouldn’t complain(too much)