Other countries getting better US missiles than US itself?

My god the only other plane that rivals it in performance is a F22

It is a very good plane

typhoon was made to be a plane easy to modify so numerous clients could have different versions of it, what made the typhoon better wasnt only systems and airframe, the fact that it was cheaper to repair in certain areas due to it being easier to take appart and some stuff were relatively simple, not only that the typhoon is set as one of the most manouverable planes in existance, the lack of thrust vectoring is not bad it just means the engines are cheaper than thrust vectoring ones and more simple.

As for records the typhoon has been set as the most manouverable plane around the world, and its a multi role fighter wich means it can do all kind of jobs depending on what you give it, and is the plane with the highest climb rate among them all, and has gained the love of a lot of pilots due to its great versatility, the typhoon has also broken records of endurance and range, going on long range missions and not needing refuel on the way there and back

1 Like

LOL

Why would you compare the Rafale and EFT to the F-15? By the time either of those showed up the F-15 was a 25 year old plane, one that always excelled at BVR combat.

lol

Here is the suggestion post for F-4B, in case you haven’t seen it already

I’m not arguing that the Typhoon isn’t a good plane. It’s well regarded. I’m replying to the statement that the US builds a lot of good planes, while Europe builds a few great planes. I’m asking what European jets are objectively superior to their American counterparts, from the same era.

For the time period not really

Yes the F22 existed but that plane is only suited to one role

Europe had the best Multirole fighter and best naval fighter for a quite a bit

Comparing the Eurofighter Typhoon to the F-15 isn’t quite fair; the F-22 Raptor is a more suitable comparison. The Eurofighter is a result of a collaboration among several countries, which introduces challenges like production delays. However, this collaboration also brings together a wealth of technology and expertise, making it an outstanding aircraft. Its standout features include its multirole capability and extremely long-range weaponry, all within a highly advanced airframe. Unlike the F-22, which focuses heavily on stealth, the Eurofighter relies primarily on electronic countermeasures for defense. Both aircraft aim to achieve air superiority, but they take different approaches: the Eurofighter emphasizes countermeasures, while the F-22 excels in stealth and is not focused in the multirole task.

No. They had the best multirole and naval fighter in development for quite a bit. By the time either was actually properly in service, the F-35 was nearly in production as well. If the Europeans had actually done any pushing to get their programs more feature complete in a timely manner I would agree, but they didn’t and instead enjoyed the relative peacetime in their sphere to plod along.

You know these aircraft entered services a decade apart right

EFT and Rafale early 2000s vs F35 mid 2010s right

You know that the Joint strike fighter was a multinational project right and can’t fully replace what a EFT or Rafale does

Like it has got the range nor power to complete as it is a single engined fighter

Hawker Hunter and Folland Gnat were better than the F-86

Harrier Gr9 was better than the A-10

Harrier was so good America actually bought a load

Rafale, Gripen and Typhoon are better than the F-15, F-16, F-18

Tornado was likely better than the F-111 (and did what American jets couldnt when it came to taking out airfield during desert storm)

Probably quite a few im misisng

What a low blow there but very much true

1 Like

F-35 is also not suited for long range missions and cannot bring full capacity due to its autonomy and total range, the eurofighter on the other hand is one of the planes with most autonomy among them all and can perform long range missions with almost maximum weapon capacity without too much issues, i’d say F-35 has air superiority cuz of its stealth but, that may depend who attacks first, the eurofighter typhoon has also a lot of ways to counter different type of weaponry

1 Like

yeah i’d still put the Eurofighter typhoon over the F-22 in my opinion, even if its not stealth, the sheer ammount of countermeasures, modularity, airframe and weapons it can carry its absolutely insane

Yep, and proved itself a highly capable CAS aircraft during Op Shader

And the US aircraft in every one of your comparisons predate the slow Europeans by at least 5 years! In some cases more than 20!

Yeah the single engine really gets it

Congratulations?

US invsets like 1/5 their economy into their military. Most other nations pay for htings like health care, education, social services, etc. It takes us a little longer to develop things, but when we do, they are generally better

*When you wait until the US has already done the legwork, and then benefit from the R&D and lessons learned

Fixed that for you