Other countries getting better US missiles than US itself?

You’re correct, the F117 was in service before the F22.

Still not sure what this has to do with my response. I was replying to a comment about how Europe chooses quality over quantity, as if somehow US aircraft are not quality.

they have a much lower budget limit than the US, hence why they dont spend as much on that stuff and unlike russia they go for quality over quantity, US quality is pretty good, but quite frankly some european countries are catching them pretty fast on the tech race

I specified this in a previous comment, US aircraft are typically good and built in large production lines and periodically modified, whereas the Eurocanards are great and usually not built as much but provide more use for their individual air forces.
Not saying anything is bad here but quality comes at a high price.

ezgif-2-c0b0b91f93

thrust vectoring plus good airframe, stiill some planes can do this aswell is not really surprising, and one issue of thrust vectoring is that it only is useful at low speeds since at high speed sit dosent make almost any difference

DTVC really doesn’t provide much for an aircraft’s overall dogfighting performance since I’d argue it provides too much AoA which puts the aircraft in an awkward situation for the pilot if he misses his gunshot, manoeuvre or fox-2 shot and leaves them in a very slow and harsh post-stall, allowing the adversary to quickly capitalise if in a comparable aircraft.

Give me a source as to when Russia was using PT-76s while USA was using shermans. Or Italy using R3s while the USA was using shermans and P-51s. Or when Isreal used S-199s while USA was fielding P-40s?

Those sort of pure dates of vehicles/weapons being in service mean nothing to war thunder.

1 Like

You don’t put thrust vectoring onto an aircraft just for the lols.

It is a real advantage.

Knowing Gaijin, we’re probably seeing 5th gens within 3-4 years

correct me if i’m wrong, 30km is already in you’re dead territory.

Whose death though?

By the time you reach 30km and finally see the stealth aircraft, it’s been observing you the entire time leading up to that point.

There would probably be several incoming missiles before you reach 30km

The target of the F22.

Yeah also adds costs so it only really used if really needed

EFT went though testing with TVC and it was found it wasn’t worth it

It will be interesting to see how the various European next-gen fighter programs go

What makes the Eurocanards great?

Only because Gaijin arbitrarily restrict the ordnance, stores, and functionality of implemented airframes, and completely ignore entire airframe linages(USAF Homeland Defense Interceptors (F86D through F-106), or B-57G Tropic Moon III etc.) and they don’t even reciprocate with reasonable and consistent stances on the configuration that has even been implemented, or the addition of existing stores or features where proven in a timely manor.

The US F-4E for example even though it mounts the GBU-15(V)1/B which demarks it as at least a DMAS equipt aircraft, (Block 48 or later airframe), can’t get access to the;

• GBU-15(V)2/B (present on the Barack II, has a Thermal seeker instead of Contrast)
  • AIM-9P-4( -9J’s don’t have all Aspect capability so is at a massive disadvantage vs vs R-60M / R-23 & -24T slingers that are common to its BR and lower) or the -9L its counterpart.
  • AN/ASX-1 TISEO (present in game on the Kurnass 2000) would confer limited LD/SD capability for the AIM-7 since the AN/APQ-120 is missing Automated relock (CCA) features.
  • AN/AVQ-23 Pave Spike (is present on the Kurnass 2000 & Buccaneer S.2B) which would provide the ability to self designate and so provide the capacity to carry various Laser guided bombs.

F-8s are still missing their ACM mode

They won’t make the F-4C into an F-4B or F-4D to allow it to carry flares or an IR jamming pod (AN/AAQ-8).

Additionally things like the GPU-5/A 30mm gunpod (or the ATLIS II TGP) for the US F-16A-10 still hasn’t turned up even though I reported it when it was on the dev server (let alone the same pod for the F-15A which was refused for reasons, even though sufficient documentation was provided at least they will probably accept it for the F-15E whenever it turns up).

Similar Reports also exist for the AV-8A and the GAU-12 pod(as found on the AV-8B+ in the Italian tree) and the A-4E and the GPU-2/A (as found on the AH-1W), with the latter refused because we couldn’t prove explicitly that the aircraft in the video was an upgraded A-4E(later fitted with the hump ) or an A-4F, even though it was proved the unit in question operated both at the time.

I can’t be all to bothered to list out all of the Domestic ordnance (both that that is implemented and those that are not) that is missing from the F-16C-50 either, don’t forget that all of this also happens to be domestic for US airframes as well.

That they tend to use more advanced ordnance and electronics, simply because they tend not to do the necessary exploratory R&D, to actually develop novel systems and concepts, but put a lot of work into making a better systems, where the US finds something that works and then uses economy of scale to leverage a lower Unit cost, and has a tendency to repackage failed / canceled projects into others, like the seekers from the AIM-9R and AIM-7R being reused for respective variants of the AIM-9X and RIM-162, or the ASG-18 / GAR-9 transferring from the F-108 > A-12 > F-111B > F-14A to become the AWG-9 & AIM-54, or the sheer number of times various Sidewinder components, the AIM-65D seeker or Walleye datalink were reused or iterated on.

3 Likes

This would be insanely dumb anyway, just add a separate variant.

The Thing is that the F-4C is apparently hard to balance since it’s a Hard wing F-4, with no flares (and a sub par missile selection) so does well in down tiers, but very poorly in up tiers.

Replacing it with a different variant solves the issue. also implementing the AAQ-8 is the other option.

AAQ-8 -1
AAQ-8-2
Image is of an F-4D, but is equipt with the AAQ-8.
F-4 AAQ-8

4 Likes

Decompression solves the F-4C’s problem. It can also simply receive 7Es as well along with decompression if need be

The cannards allows for greater manouverability and Even allows some crazy manouvers depending on how they are set due to them moving the flow of air in front of the plane in different ways it may be eithe by moving them up allowing more air resiatance in the front and hence making it turn faster, but for the most part it allows for hard pulls and turning