Optional Night Battles for Ground Realistic Battles

• Optional Night Battles have been added for Ground Realistic Battles (GRB):
    • In the gamemode selection window (under the “To Battle!” button), on GRB section, a button has been added that you can click on to go to the night battles window area;
    • From this window, the option to enable night battles is available and the rewards that you can obtain are listed;
    • In a tank’s modification window that is Battle Rating of 10.0 and higher, NVD/Thermal vision devices have a “Night battles” button that can be clicked on to open the night battles window;

The full list of rewards and further details can be seen in our Roadmap news here.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

23 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Those loading screens are legit.

6 Likes

yea, best damn loading screen ive seen, good job on this one.

also love the attention to detail with the gunner sights, and the target(atleast in the first one that is)

2 Likes

Yeah, I also like the profile pics.

Btw, @Stona_WT, any chance there will be a Night Battle dedicated wiki page where all the rewards and the conditions to earn them is listed, like for example for the BP tasks etc.?

1 Like

i believe you have to get 150k points for all rewards

1 Like

also for those that forgot

sadly this is only for the bmp

I’m a little confused about this paragraph of the original news about night battles:

In a future update, we’re planning to make some changes to how night vision and thermal modifications work. All tanks that can use night vision will now have NVD by default — you won’t need to research any modification to get initial night vision. If a tank has thermal and at the same time night vision as well, you’ll have night vision as default, but you’ll need to research the thermal modification to be able to use thermal. We’ll announce these changes in a regular small Update in the future.

Has this been added yet?

3 Likes

So what happened with all the feedback we left in the comments section of the news posts about night battles? Minna left a comment that got a lot of attention.

18 Likes

Its weird to have a BR cap when it’s optional…
Especially for all the tanks with night vision/night sights that are below 10.0. does that not make that modification completely useless?

Is there a plan to add flare-launchers for those tanks that had them?

13 Likes

so not getting night battles. gotcha.

and IF I get into a night battle, what do about filter cheats. seems like its gonna be a farm for cheats and punish time for players.

3 Likes

nvm, its a gaijin game. always punishment time for players.

2 Likes

This. When they asked for feedback a little while ago on the planned night battle changes lowering the br cap was one of the top suggestions and seemingly completely ignored. Why ask for feedback if you’re going to ignore said feedback?

5 Likes

Do you guys plan to lower the minimum BR? Most vehicles 8.3 and above have NVD.

3 Likes

it’s kinda lame, a lot of vehicle (almost all of them) at br 8.3 and above have nvd but not necessarily thermal. Thermal should fight only thermal (in night battle they are a legit cheat) and nvd should fight nvd, alternating on using ir lamps or not to spot targets. One thing for sure, pitch black no flare is a must.

2 Likes

Can you please add an icon on a vehicles spawn icon that shows if it has nvd and what type? Just a simple icon for nvd or thermal if unlocked so we can see what to spawn in.

1 Like

I just finished 13th Ground Realistic Battles with the night battles enabled and all my vehicles 10+ but not a single night battle… is the chance so low or am I just that unlucky?

1 Like

Please make night battles available for all BRs. Since they’re entirely optional, players are only going to go into night battles if they want to. So, there is no reason to limit night battles to thermals BR. Let the WWII tanks fight at night if players want to do so. There might be a longer queue time when selecting night battles at those BRs, but it’d be worth it.

I for one quite liked night battles, even in vehicles without NVD. It’s a cool aesthetic. I’d definitely play night battles in low tier vehicles.

6 Likes

Not enough people have turned it on yet probably

1 Like

No. This did not come with yesterday’s update. Should be coming in the future though, we’ll announce it in a minor update.

1 Like