Opinion on adding F/A-18 Hornets and all of it's variant

What kind of logic are you using they would most likely get the swiss F/A18 not Canadian
1 event tank in German vs a few vehicles in the British tech tree proper and Canadas head of state being the King

1 Like

Ah yes the C2 Mexas(There is no tank with the name of C2A1)

At the time Gaijin was going with the closet-related nation to the vehicle so a Leopard modified with Canadian specifications would go to Germany.

Now it’s rules for me not for thee so a CF-18 has an extremely high chance of going to the UK. It would also be a C&P plane so the US has no need/ability to get it. At least in the version we think will come to the game.

2 Likes

Er no Germany have nothing to do with the Canadian CF-18 what so ever.

1. US don’t need it
  2. There is a hole in the British naval line that the CF-18 would fill
  3. Just because they have already got a nations tech doesn’t mean other will follow.
    E.I Look at the Aussi M1 if we follow you logic then we should get the C2A1 and the AIM
1 Like

Well at some point Germany has to get something cause they didn’t get anything with this last update so when the F/A-18 gets added and CF-18 goes to Britain, Germany will be lacking on top tier jets. If Germany was going to receive the Swiss F/A-18 then they should move the C2A1 to Britain

1 Like

They don’t move event vehicles
Israeli tank as event in usa tree
South Africa vehicles in German tech tree

3 Likes

They tested the F/A-18B and was almost going to buy other more advanced Hornets.
Plus a F-15B on top of that, so I would’t mind if gaijin added them to Germany since Sweden has tested vehicles

1 Like

At this point if we want all of the Canadian things in the same place a Canadian tech-tree is needed.

Like Mytho61734 said they don’t move event vehicles. They have added the event vehicles into the new tree(see Israel) and given the ones behind the C&P symbol of that nation.

1 Like

Yeah its called the F-4F ICE. AMRAAM and AIM 9M capable. As far as the commonwealth F 18s go, entirely plausible.

Doesn’t mean anything unless it’s by exception. Gaijin has said as much.

They will very likely have to start making exceptions for this ‘small’ period. Once new airframes get added there’s incremental improvement in the forms of tranche’s or blocks or whatever but this period is slightly stagnant.

then what BR should the hornet be added to? 12.7? 13.0?

12.3 ofc, haven’t you been paying attention?

Depends what they drop with and how good the FM and radar are. With just sparrows 12.7 presuming the new planes go up. With AMRAAM 13.0 maybe 13.3 if it gets dual racking.

I guess USN/USMC F/A-18C (1994), CF-188 IMP II (RCAF) & RAAF F/A-18 HUG could be 13.0 but not sure 13.3 maybe F/A-18E Super Hornet Block I or Block II

The Hornet is a good dogfighter with a pretty powerful radar and a huge amount of ordinance (like A2A-wise its comparable to the Eurofighter in terms of raw missile carriage). Which is why I think it will be so high. If they decompress the brs to 12.7 now, then have early amraam fighters at 13.0, 13.3 wouldn’t be all that high imo, even for a legacy hornet (particularly if like the Swiss one’s it had dual-racking for the AMRAAM’s.

The F-18 Legacy Hornets must come.
I, for one, have reached a point where I think it’d be best for as many tech trees to have as many toys as possible. I want all of the international 4th gens for all of the nations, within reason, so that no nation gets obscenely left behind. And because it can create more interesting lineups. So I think we should be biased FOR, not against, international operators.

Now, I don’t think everybody is considering just all of the possibilities here:
Legacy Hornets are operated by:
RAAF (this could go to Britain or America)
Switzerland (this could go to Germany)
Spain (This could go to Italy!)
Malaysia (Britain?)
Kuwait (Britain?)
Finland (Sweden)
Canada (Britain)

This isn’t too crazy, but I think Italy could easily get Hornets. I’d be all for it. Spanish air tree in Italy! The Mediterranean nation.

Unlike many random nation pairings, Spain and Italy make sense, as they were both at least biased the same way in WW2, and both in NATO in the Cold War, and in generally the same region. You could add Spanish vehicles to Italy and it’d make sense for them to fight alongside each other in basically any applicable War Thunder era, which is a better connection than Hungary or South Africa have to their main trees.

7 Likes

Germany could get it since Switzerland used it.

As a Swedish main I will be really upset if I don’t get it. And I will post on every forum complaining and crying, instead of putting in the work and grinding the US tec Tree like a normal person.

1 Like

I’ve since then learned that they use the F/A-18C so when they add that one you’ll 100% get it when they add that one as:

Bruh you know that logic will never work in war thunder

3 Likes