Anyone have information on the VEF I-15? I saw some sources say it was armed with 1 mg and another saying it had 2.
It would also be appreciated if there was a source on whether the Cukers C.6bis had machine guns or not as again some sources claim contracting specifications.
Odd question, but has anyone landed a Seafire III in game, arrested carrier landing, without breaking the prop?
It’s something I’ve been trying on and off for a while now but I cannot seem to do it, I’ve landed on the carrier without breaking the prop a few times but that’s because I bounced off the back of the carrier at 120kp/h, landed and brake stopped in the middle, so I didn’t count it.
Mk107 engine, same engine in all Harrier IIs bar the GR7
TERMA
Sniper Tpod (Should be GR7 as well)
HMD (same as the one on the Tonka GR4)
Paveway IV
Brimstones
Slightly different wing iirc?
So BR would almost entirely be based around what its A2A weapons fit would be in ARB/ASB
4x Aim-9M like the GR7, even with the added engine power, TERMA and HMD… I dont think its enough to justify being a higher BR to the GR7 with the current compression, it certainly wouldnt be F-15A/J level of performance
it could get a 6x Aim-9M loadout (T-10 and GR7 should already have 6x AAM option) which could make it 12.7 and help balance the other additions vs the GR7.
It could also get ASRAAMs in either 4x or 6x config, but I have no idea how Id balance that until such time we get an impression on seeker performance. But even with a seeker barely better than the Aim-9M, it would probably need to be 13.3/13.7 ish? Though im tenative of how good it would be with that, at that BR, with the Harriers in their current state even with ASRAAM.
In terms of GRB…
It should finally get Sniper (though so should the GR7) and should also get things like PW4s, but the main addition would be Brimstones, the tricky bit is that it only ever equipped the non-Dual-mode Brimstone 1s, so it would be even more ahistorical than the Typhoons or would have 6-18 FnF Brimstone 1s. So… Balance that as you will.
In WVR, it would probably be better, even just with 4x Aim-9Ms
HMD
TERMA for an extra 240 CMs and All-aspect MAWS ontop of the 4x BOL and 60 internal CMs
Same Engine
I think full LERX (if im remembering that right, please dont quote me on that) which might give it an edge
I personally prefer 25mm ADENs over pretty much any other gun in game
But it still lacks BVR potential
No radar and no BVR weapons (bar the ASRAAM and those would be limited to lock range)
Sniper Pod was fitted, and sniper does have A2A modes iirc, but it was not fully intergrated, so even if it was added, I dont think it would get A2A modes, so no IRST-type mode from that either.
Paul Tremeling
Also you still have the RWR configured with ground radars and not air radars I think, so its perfectly usable but a little limited in A2A combat at times.
The tricky thing is, GR7 and GR9 were meant for basically pure CAS. The plan was always to use FA2s as the A2A component of Joint Force Harrier. Well, until they scrapped the FA2s .
A lot of the physics concerning aircraft carriers are… Not the best.
I’ve had plenty of cases where I execute a three-point landing with a corsair or a hellcat or a zero and come to a gentle stop… then the hook yanks my plane around and I slam my prop.
Right I had forgotten shortly after adopting her we crammed her in the cockpit where she immediately tried to bail without a chute which is generally known as a rookie move