Off Topic Discussion

How much was the cap worth again? A couple cents?

Back then it was the most expensive metal then a few years later a way was found to make it cheaper so it price dropped dramatically
To answer you question at the time it was worth more then gold

Yeah, back then it was like $1.10 per ounce

I can’t even understand a ounce (i refuse to use imperial)

luckily we have computers, because I don’t quite understand imperial either. Apparently the cap weighs 100 ounces, which would be around 2834 grams.
So according to the current value of aluminium that cap is worth a whopping 6,63€ or $4,37 depending on where you buy the aluminium

I refuse to use any weight unit other than washing mashines per minutes

3 Likes

I can’t argue with that but I’m keeping the U’s

I don’t really care about the OU thing, but I refuse to refer to aluminium as aluminum and to chips as fries

Yu mei whant tu kip theh Us bhut ai du nawt think thaht aidia is gud.

I think they refer to crisps as potato chips which is wrong and then there is American Handball

that sounds like Bavarian, Im disgusted

rugby for people who are scared of getting touched

Ada boy American English is fake they want to be different because they had there own little revolution.

hehe

2 Likes

As an American i can respect rugby. Its soccer i cant stand. Grown men payed to roll around in the grass when someone hurts their feelings…

Also American football is actually far more dangerous than rugby because they teach you to use your equipment as a weapon. I was taught “3 point of contact” in blocking: both hands and then headbutting the other guy as hard as possible with the crown of my helmet. You can see where the constant abusive head trauma comes from.

So, somewhat counterintuitively, the sport we call football would be a h-ll of a lot safer if we wore a lot less safety equipment.

Oh boy, that wouldn’t sell millions in super bowl ads.

I was reading this thread for almost 30 minutes. In one week this place became a mid-20th century British brothel lol

I got an idea gaijin consider reduce BR for 2 aircraft rank IV and 9 aircraft rank V in next month or 2024

Rank IV

• Spitfire F Mk.22 6.7 → 6.3

• Spitfire F Mk.24 7.0 → 6.7

Rank V

• Saab J21RA 6.7 → 6.3

• Gloster Metoer F Mk.3 7.3 → 7.0

• Gloster Meteor F Mk.4 Type G.41F 7.7 → 7.3

• Mikoyan MiG-9 7.3 → 7.0

• Gloster Meteor F Mk.4 Type G.41G 8.0 → 7.7

• Venom FB.4 8.7 → 8.3

• F9F-2 Panther 8.0 → 7.7

• F9F-5 Panther 8.3 → 8.0

• Me 262 C-2b Heimatschützer II

shiny non-magnetic metal

1 Like

The English who refuse even to imagine that royalty spoke French in the beginning, and English was for the peasants, is on the same level as their immense knowledge and films about their victories in the 100 Years’ War without ever mentioning the fact that they also had crushing defeats, to such an extent that you’d almost think they thought they’d won that war x)

Easy to rewrite story when you are on the movie maker side, i’m totally scared to what gonna be the new Napoleon movie, already hear bad things about it.

They didn’t speak French or English 1000 years ago

1 Like

The royalty spoke norman and the peasants spoke anglo saxon over time they merged to make modern English