O-I Thread

New month new petition for Gaijin to add the O-I, the vehicle got passed on last time so now is time for pressure, give us Japanese heavies that or return the japanese Tiger back on sale and fix its model, as its not supposed to have hull launchers, but as always, post all your O-I desires here and lets get this trending.

2 Likes

If we get a paper tank added, there will be an unbalance in the force!

2 Likes

I didn’t know this was the World Of Tanks forum. My mistake.

2 Likes

Isnt it not paper?
I could swear they made a prototype.

2 Likes

You don’t have to pay attention to the “paperiness” thing; unfortunately, quite a lot of people don’t value their reputation, not embarrassed to tell a lie that will be refuted by 5 minutes of searching on Google.

There was already an official answer many years ago, it was that they allegedly lacked some technical details, which I would venture to suggest is an excuse. I can assume that it’s all about legal rights. Currently, the legal rights to O-I have been purchased by the company “Fine Molds”, which produces models. We know that WoT paid a fairly large sum for the rights to O-I, and it is possible that either one of the terms of the contract was not to transfer the rights to other games that compete with WoT, or Gaijin are not ready to pay a comparable amount for the rights to O-I. Therefore, I would not particularly expect the tank to be implemented.

3 Likes

Oh damn…
Thats depressing.

1 Like

Nerp

They did make something, I believe a piece of track link survives today. That alone is grounds enough to be added, since a specific part of the vehicle intended for the vehicle in question was created. But yes its largely paper, as if there was a prototype it and any record of it was destroyed.

1 Like

Its a real tank and we have testimonies from its engineers as well along with a track link and records kept by Fine Molds

2 Likes

The O-I was a real vehicle, this is the same country that made the Yamato, a slightly bigger box Tiger isnt an issue

3 Likes

It should have smoke canisters & a top MG mount. Whoever was talking about the JPN Tiger.
For O-I Real vehicle, but difficult to confirm which one was the correct design.