Nuclear Escalation was never going to be for top ranks only in the first place.
Not sure why anyone would think it would.
Also, starting with earlier times… they wouldn’t find bugs nearly as quickly, and it’d take longer to develop overall.
Whooo boy… Maybe after all the balance questions are answered in the programming.
You should carve out some time to try the event, Schindibee, cause you’ll be able to see first hand that even in air RB controls & awareness, the game mode has what some could describe as “artificial difficulty” for lack of a better term.
I have an answer for this one.
The last time proof was supplied, it was below 30km.
I don’t know if Gaijin found proof, but I don’t know of any players with proof at this time.
2 Likes
This is actually a great post.
It communicates everything in the works and taking in the good constructive criticism.
All of this is such good news and I really hope this improves the game for the future adding more variety and fun in the game.
Dear BVVD and Dev Team,
Thank you so much for taking risks and investing valuable resources in trying to bring something fresh for the players. I understand that you guys could very well be losing potential profit by investing in Nuclear Escalation, but it means a lot to us that you’re taking these risks to try and give the player’s something new. It also means a lot to us that you guys are communicating more with the players and playing your own game because, truthfully, it often felt like you guys clearly don’t. Hopefully, these kinds of practices will continue in the future and help bring the dev and players’ perspective closer since, admittedly, the War Thunder community wants a lot of different, and often conflicting, things.
2 Likes
Damn good news to be honest! I really like this mode but there are some issues. (What is absolutely normal cause it’s a new mode)
Because of the imbalance, maybe it would be enough to adjust the amount of players, for example give the blue team 2 or 4 more players. This would even be realistic I think.
But I think I wouldn’t want both teams to have the same kind of AI vehicles. This would make it a little bit boring. Adjusting the amount of them could be enough.
Because of the rewards, I would suggest to massively increase them FOR NOW. Just to get more players to play this mode and get more opinions and results. After that it could get changed again. But I think it would be great for this mode to get good rewards especially since this mode requires more time (and that’s a good thing in my opinion!) I think the normal RB matches are way too short. But of course we need short game modes too.
So a reduction in the number of SAM sites isnt being considered? If you want players to use teamwork to defeat sam sites then they need to be worth attacking. Right now, overlapping SAM coverage makes it nearly impossible to get close to the SAMs and destroying them from far away is out of the question. I cant fire ARMs at them from high altitude or the sames will shoot me down and i cant fire ARMs from low altitude because they det intercepted by Pantsirs or ITOs. There just needs to be a reduction in the number of air defences, and possibly players, across the map or a much larger map is required.
There’s also the issue of munition interception. In the April version AAs wouldnt intercept any bombs, only missiles. Now they intercept absolutely everything and they seem to never miss. It seems like saturation attacks arent even effective since multiple SAM sites and convoy SPAAs with attack your salvo together.
And the reward is to low, before and rn we only get air arcade RP and SL reward despite we playing a air RB mode.
So fix the reward first then spek other problem
People still enjoying the struggle of the event if the reward is higher than now.
make the reward RP and SL 1:1 to air RB
No adjust nothing
Just 1:1 to air RB.
1 Like
Please let us play. We are in downtier. We want to enjoy it too
Ok, all of these additions sound extremely cool in concept and I hope to see them added.
Personally, I’d increase the reload time of every SAM. Perhaps to about 5 minutes (the buk irl takes 13-15 minutes) however the argument could be made that each SAM could have a reload based the size of missile it fires. For examples the buk has a fairly large missile so to reload one tube would take longer, whereas an Sam with a smaller tube would take less time to reload. Either way, 20 or 30 seconds to reload EVERY tube of a SAM is still way too short in my opinion.
Anyway, this update has gotten me excited in the mode once again and I look forward to seeing these changes and updates implemented.
2 Likes
Developing new maps for Escalation is a great idea. Being able to play ships and also helicopters is also gonna be great, it depends on how you can guys implement it but with this we can probably finally have combined arms warefare.
so still no tank only mode… i love that air players get what they want while ground suffers
1 Like
I pray that you actually fix all the current issues and bugs that are now in the gamemode and implement all of your plans listed above (besides mirror matches, this will be the one thing that will most likely ruin it) because it would be the single best thing ever, just, please, implement it with care
1 Like
“The Reds’ anti-radiation missiles make it easier to penetrate the Blues’ air defences”. So you recognize that RED have better SEAD missiles but instead of giving BLUE side modern SEAD weapons you just put in MORE AA as a fix. This was not the fix that was needed!
And the SL/RP rewards are a joke!
2 Likes
If the SP for ARMs increase, can we also increase the SP for later, more modern AA systems? It is not fair for gun-only SPAAs to have same SP as something that has ESA radars, gun and missile system, yes I’m talking about Pantsirs and other modern AAs.
I love that they plan on adding lower tiers for Nuclear Escalation but only the 60’s-70’s? An early Cold War era version of this mode with late props and early jets and the B-29 as the nuke carrier would be amazing. Please consider extending the BR range even further, this mode has so much potential.
1 Like
Blindly adding CAS spawn points in Ground RB will not improve the gameplay experience at all. Instead, encouraging all types of players to participate in air combat is the only way to balance CAS. (In other words, you should only be eligible for CAS if you win the air superiority battle.) This would also help boost the sales of various premium packs.
Some might ask, ‘Why not just play Air RB?’ My answer is: CAS in Air RB is basically just PvE; there is absolutely no real air-to-ground interaction. If I get destroyed by an aircraft, I want to find a way to get revenge in the air, not just grind in the mud playing some so-called ‘tank FPS’.
This mode is everything ive ever wanted in sim quite frankly. I understand why they run the playtest in RB (since its a play test, they’re testing out balance and gameplay, and as such need the largest sample size possible).
I truly hope they port the mode to sim as well eventually. They could even just run a handful of sim rooms for this event specifically per server during playtests, just to see how it plays for sim players as well. They’d likely get quite focused and valuable feedback imo.
2 Likes
Please give some attention to naval forces as it has the most bland modes
1 Like
This just reminded me, but seeing as Turm III now has 3-plane stabilization, any chance we can get that on TGP’s? I could be misremembering, and i cant open WT atm, but pretty sure none of the TGP’s are roll stabilized in-game, would be nice to have.
Would there ever be an Arcade version? and failing that i think additional BR’s away from the fox 3 gameplay would be better.