North Holland: A New Location for Ground Battles!

Meet North Holland!

We’ve taken Eastern Europe, one of War Thunder’s most popular ground forces maps according to the number of likes, and created North Holland based on it, set in the Zaandam region.

In this location are similar spawn points and routes to capture points, plus a canal that cuts through the city, which can be driven-through as the water is not too deep. You’ll be familiar with the general gameplay, timings and layout of this map, but the differences are that it has been transformed 50 years into the future, giving it a modernized touch. Additionally, the largest mission on this map is still not as large as European Province, but overall will still be more spacious for higher ranks.

Driving through the city, you’ll be greeted with modern looking buildings and cars. Near the middle is a large mall that you’ll be able to drive through with your vehicles, knocking down broken walls, allowing you to have some interesting encounters with the enemy!

Near one area are red street lamps that illuminate the surrounding buildings, creating an atmospheric scene. All-in-all, this new location features streets and open fields, overall making it great for short, medium and long-range combat engagements.

North Holland is going to be part of the map rotation when the Alpha Strike major update releases. Be on the look out and give it a try!

21 Likes

Another stupid urban map. Right now 3/4 parts of the maps are full urban or semi urban maps and if that lack of variety is not enough the last map changes just runined the last good old maps.
Is amazing how everything related with maps in this game is so bad.

30 Likes

The best urban map design to release hands down.
Lot of corridors and ambush positions.
Absolutely perfect map design, and some variety in the mess that is stagnant Sweden/Campania/Alaska/Cargo Port.

6 Likes

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Wow, not what to choose, whether to use an HK416 or a G36C, and as a secondary one a Glock 19 or an HK USP. Oh no, this game is not a COD, because from the images I could only imagine infantry advancing through those narrow streets .

9 Likes

April fools idea:
Need for Thunder
Škoda Octavia I vs Volkswagen Golf IV racing on Holland.
obrazek

18 Likes

I don’t know there is a 90degrees rotated Version of Eastern Europe already

And that one isn’t good at all becouse it’s just spawn Camping Heaven

But Driving trough buildings sounds fun
There was the Event Version of sun city were you could drive Inside the Parking garages I miss that

And the more open seversk (also Event Version)

3 Likes

perfect for hide and seek tho

3 Likes

Then you never watched war documentaries involving armor.
Armor goes through cities constantly in war.
This map is also 10x larger than COD maps, and larger than Battlefield maps.

1 Like

Yes, tanks are for walking through the streets.

6 Likes

Urban map… Cant wait to pull out the Falcon or cv90s XD

1 Like

I guess its only going to be for higher tiers since its modern?
Will there be Santa’s elf girls in the windows of the not-Red Light District?
How do I explain to my 12 year old what “XXX” means? lol

5 Likes

That is the flag of Amsterdam. Hence why it says “souvenirs”.

7 Likes

Fighting with tanks in urban areas is generally bad idea.

3 Likes

ok, lesgo.

What is the biggest threat to a tank figthing in the city?

2 Likes

O O O! I know! I know!

But yet, there they are today…

Shoot!

Lets dance…

Biggest threat is indeed infantry, so i guess you are about to suggest that if there is no infantry in game then it is OK to fight with tanks in urban areas.

It is not, for various reasons.

5 Likes

I know this answer: Infantry with anti-tank weapons and makeshift weapons.
An entity not currently in War Thunder… @Steelbeast

1 Like

Hopefully we can see some SimEC maps soon.

2 Likes