No Python 4 for F-15I

Where did it go? I was looking forward to this.

11 Likes

New video just dropped from IDF.

F15A BAZ with Python 4/5.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10297786

2 Likes

They already stated the python 4 situation is not a matter of historical accuracy, but balance.
Technically, the F-15A can carry the aim 9x, but we dont see it in game for obvious reasons.

14 Likes

R-73:

5 Likes

Aim 9m…

15 Likes

I guess gajin could add Python 4 (tier III modification) for F-15I Ra’am in the first major update 2025 after increase battle rating max to 14.0

1 Like

I’d rather not hear them mention balance, just look at pantsir compared to the Israel top spaa.

Their planes can also sling kh38 from out of any spaa range yet any other nation can’t do the same

7 Likes

R73 is far superior to 9m, the thing can be launched at a much greater angle since it leaves the plane already heading towards the target…

2 Likes

I don’t think a lot of people are going to agree with you on that one.

The R-73’s guidance still leaves a lot to be desired, often tumbling when fired on the edge of it’s FoV. While it’s agility is amazing when it works, other heaters like the AAM-3 and 9M are far superior in a traditional ARB environment.

2 Likes

They are pretty close, each has some scenarios where one is better than the other, but they are farely well balanced, the phyton 4 in the other hand is just much better than the two of them by a lot.

Also you keep having amraams which are better than the r77 that the r73 carriers use.

lol , imp chaparral at 10.3 meanwhile pansir for russia , israel should get the new spyder they are making. And with Usa getting patriot im sure Israel can get new stuff like davids sling or smth for the future.

1 Like

I have great luck with them but from my experience you have to be under 1 mile to have a chance of not being flared. But I don’t play top tier air rb much anymore with all the bvr spam so I’m not sure if they nerfed them at all.

That’s about right considering it’s IRCCM reduces it’s FoV after launch. Personally I would much prefer to fire off munitions between the 1.5k-3.5k mark which the 9M/AAM-3 performs better in anyway.

R-73s loses a lot of it’s energy even in slight turns.

2 Likes

R-73 isn’t much better than a magic 2 and in my opinion is worse than a AIM-9M

2 Likes

At least the AIM-9M isn’t completely unflareable within 1km

And ? The r73 are easier to spot and to flare in side aspects and at longer range, again both missiles have their own strengths, that doesnt justify the need for s missile which would be much stronger than either of them… btw the aim 9m is also pretty hard to flare at ranges that close

2 Likes

It is not.

They’re about equal in effectiveness.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Other games would be delighted to receive new content! This is the only blessed game where I saw the most whiny community

Because balance has to be accounted for. Currently the max BR is too low, hell 13.0-13.7 is already extremely compressed. Adding newer and more advanced weapons in the same BR just increases that compression.

Everyone would be delighted with the addition of newer weapons IF it comes with balance changes.