No JDAM for Germany or Japan!?

With the latest update came the addition of JDAMs (and their Russian and Chinese counterparts/equivalents), GPS-guided bombs, to Top-Tier CAS.

The following aircraft got JDAMs this update:

Plane Country
AV-8B Plus USA
F-15C MSIP II USA
F-16C USA
A-10C USA
AV-8B (NA) USA
F-14B USA
Su-24M USSR
MiG-29SMT USSR
JAS-39C GBR
JH-7A CHN
J-10A CHN
JF-17 CHN
AV-8B Plus ITA
JAS-39EBS HU C ITA
F-16A FRA
F-16AM FRA
JAS-39C SWE
F-16D Barak II ISR
F-15C Baz Meshupar ISR
F-16C Barak II ISR

Germany and Japan are noteably missing from that list.

Also from what I could find, and please correct me if I am wrong, the F-15C couldn’t carry JDAMs, only the F-15E Strike Eagle.
If they just slapped them on it, they could have at least given it to the Japanes F-15J(M) as well.
As for Germany, they could have spared another copy-paste Tornado (ASSTA 3 or SLE) that can carry them.

It is sad to see a minor nation like Germany (and Japan) always getting the new stuff later than everyone else. Especially in aviation.

5 Likes

As far as i know there aren’t any planes in Japans or Germanys trees that carried JDAM IRL.

If there is a plane in either tree that could have carried it, even if it never did, then there is an argument to be had about giving JDAMS to those anyway. In the same way they gave the AGM-65G to JAS39C.

As I know only F-2 (and other planes like F-35) can use JDAM bombs in Japan

2 Likes

Germany’s Tornado can and has carried (L)JDAMs in real life:

The only difference here should be the guidance method.

1 Like

well those are just laser bombs with extra steps x)

Tru, afaik LJDAMs are still GPS capable as well, the laser is there mostly for terminal guidance and to enable engaging moving targets.

2 Likes

correct :)

So there might be a case to be had if someone finds enough evidence :)

LJDAMs are dual guidance, not exclusively laser. Ot would require substantial reworks most likely. They would have to have the optimized trajectories like the current JDAMs, while still being able to guide to the laser like the GBU-24.

isn’t that a later block of Tornado? (hence IRIS-T under the wing)

It’s a different ASSTA upgrade to the current one in game.
JDAM was added with ASSTA 3.0 along with a number of other changes that aren’t on the ASSTA 1.0 model we have in game.

In game it would probably be somewhat easy to implement, just use GPS up intill 5km left and then switch to laser if found, if laser is not found then IOG.

Ye, and?

We have/had jets in this game with equipment they couldn’t use, or couldn’t use and didn’t use, so LJDAMS on ASSTA 1 aren’t anything to complain about.

2 Likes

Japan uses JDAM on F-15JM, F-4EJ Kai prior to retirement, and F-2.

I don’t think we have any vehicle in game with munition it couldn’t use. several have munitions they didn’t use. but i can’t think of one where it couldn’t.

SAAF Gripen used to carry the SkyFlash, which, to my knowledge, were never integrated into the Gripen’s databus.

If we ignore aircraft, Ariete has the DM53 which it could not use because the breechblock of the Italian L/44s pressure-resistance is too low.

Pretty sure gaijin’s plan is to add ASSTA 3.1 in future along with Tornado GR.4 for Britain and what ever the latest Italian upgrade is called.
It wouldn’t make sense for them to introduce features to planes that never had those capabilities, if they’re adding other versions that have them.

ASSTA 3.1 isn’t even the newest Tornado in German service anymore, SLE is the most “up to date” standard currently and it includes some features from the now canceled ASSTA 4.

Wouldn’t make a lot of sense to add the 3.1 with the SLE around.

edit: Besides, GBU-54s are just JDAMs with an additional guidance method, reserving them for a completely new Tornado variant would be beyond odd. It’s not a GR.4 which will at least get Brimstones which are what should be the highlight for a new variant along with better IR AAMs.

I don’t think i’ve ever seen info that supports that, but i might be wrong, where did you find it?

For Japan there are only early and late service F-2s, as well as F-35A, unless we count possible Sub-TT content, but thats a different story.

Early F-2; 4-8x GBU-38/B ( + NAVFLIR Pod)

Late F-2; 4-8x GBU-38/B and GBU-54/B + Sniper ATP

F-35A; GBU-31/B and GBU-39/B (SDB) (technically any F-35A compatible armament)

1 Like

bruh we already have the GBU-24 with the IOG…
this would just give us the ability to mount more than one damn IOG bomb