Nicho's new and improved Italian SPAA line for Italy

These two are the best that Italy could get for now, but gaijin aint implementing them.

5 Likes

Nice find!

2 Likes

What is on top of the Lince? If that is Saab’s SHORAD then that should be the top tier vehicle over anything else. I am 99% sure that Italy has never had any type of RBS-70 in their inventory however.

https://www.saab.com/products/mshorad

It’s the Iveco Lince RBS 70 NG

It doesn’t have any connection to Italy besides Saab borrowing a spare Lince to showcase the modularity of their MSHORAD platform though. Iveco hasn’t even ever mentioned it existing, becuase they likely had no involvement in it whatsoever. It was a standalone demonstrator made by Saab on their own without any input from Italy or any Italian company. By the same logic the Leopard 40/70 should be in the German TT for the sole reason of having a Leopard 1 chassi.

I’m just saying what it is

Yeah but it’s odd that it even exists in this thread, unless it’s purpose is to try and find as many possible additions as possible no matter how far fetched they are, rather than trying to document all domestic Italian SPAAs.

Add another trolley with radar and it will be SAM train)

The Launcher trailer for the aspide truck as alredy a small radar that can operate on it’s own (that Is why It doesn’t require another radar and it’s possible to implement it in gamw).

Probably possible to implement with few excuses made (like the operator not standing near the launcher, but sitting somewhere else), although without search radar it would be not that fun to play, unless it has some other system of course or thermals at least.

I think this Guarani based vehicle would be a nice alternative:

Operator doesn’t Need to be Near the Launcher even on fixed batteries and the Launcher itself has a small radar (that white ball in the front). Sure it won’t have it’s max range of 40-50 km but It Will be on par with the pantsir (if not even Better).

It’s tracking radar, isn’t it?

It should be from what I understood.