Nicho's new and improved Italian SPAA line for Italy

You can very clearly see from the F-16AJs model that it is a block 10 and not a block 15 or 20. And the F-16AJ is quite close to the Japanese evaluated (aag.jpg • f-16 photography).

As I have already said, I do not agree with Gaijin’s decision to rely on ‘evaluated’ vehicles, but that’s the decision they have made and I understand the reasons they made it, so I have accepted it. I have even made suggestions of my own that fall within that criteria.

And also as I have already said, a paper vehicle is very different from an evaluated vehicle. What is being suggested for Italy in this thread is a paper vehicle whereas what was given to Japan was evaluated. And no, I do not ‘hate’ Italy, I have in fact played quite a bit of Italy and enjoy doing so, but I want to be playing Italy and not some fantasy nation. If you want fantasy, there is always the other tank game.

I never said that the AJ has the Block 15/20 model, but I said that it has it’s weapons (Sparrow for example, the normal block 10 doesn’t have them). Again, the F16AJ DOESN’T EXIST, the name is fake and the aircraft itself is fake. What was trialed was the YF 16. How many times I have to repeat it? Want an example of difference between AJ and YF? the YF never got mavericks irl for example (and the AJ has them in game). Yeah unfortunatly the suggestion that You talk a lot about don’t fall under the criteria, because some Italian suggestion in this exact same situation (P1127 and AW159) were never approved. So again You are trying to justify the reality of a fake veichle, the AJ (that was alredy said that it was fake multiple times). Also following Your reasoning japan is allowed to get an F16 completly different from what they trialed just because they trialed one version? So we can ask for F16 Block 72 in italy because we had the block 15,10 and 5? what is this reasoning?

1 Like

I literally linked a picture of a YF-16 firing a sparrow, so it has nothing to do with being a block 15/20. The YF-16 was evaluated by Japan and offered by General Dynamics as the F-16AJ. It is not completely different from what Japan evaluated.

Yeah but this One in game has the weapon of a Block 20 (Maverick+Sparrow) plus the model of a Block 10. It’ pure fiction.
You can’t Just Say “it’s similar” Because It Isn’t

yf-16_01568_2-tone_grey

YF-16 could use Maverick as well…

Not the One tested by Japan.

1 Like

YF-16 1568 was the airframe evaluated by Japan.

+1 i want all of them

we need them all Can you make topics like this one for Japan and the UK

Italy would greatly benefit from a better AA line, and this would be a good implementation of it.
With that being said I have a couple critiques. Most of the low tier additions (Alfa Romeo 430, Fiat Terni, M16 GMC, M113 HS-820) would be mostly redundant, serving only to clutter the line and slow progression to the more useful vehicles. The already existing AA already cover all lineups from 1.3-3.7, after which the next major lineup is at 4.7 and the VCC-1 would take care of that.
It would also feel weird putting the Polyphem in the tank destroyer line, I would swap the B1 Draco with it.
Regarding the B1 Draco, I feel like there shouldn’t be a problem with napkinwaffe designs so long as they’re plausible in the given historical context, serve a purpose in the tech tree and fit in thematically. After all Warthunder is more historically inspired then historically accurate at this point.
Overall good job!

1 Like

Great ideas! +1

All the VCCs are solid choices, considering how common the M113 chassis was in the Italian army.
Love the Leo Bofors and the OF-40 SPAA.
The Lince is a good option to provide Italy with SAMs.

1 Like

+1, but I’d put the Fiat-Terni in the standard tech tree, before the AS 42. The 12.7 mm Breda got fixed, and it would be nice to have a SPAA that’s invulnerable to most tier I machine guns.

2 Likes

My idea for SPAAG lineup:

Rank I

Rank II

Rank III

Rank IV

Rank V

Rank VI

@Nicho @Il_Signor_Regio @kamina_sama

3 Likes

Should have posted this as a single image. It definitely looks interesting.

1 Like

I don’t know how to do it.

oh okay

1 Like

Why wouldn’t the DRACO be under the Centauro 120? Wasn’t it geared more towards the ground targets but could do air targets, from what I read about their plans for a newer version seemed to read that way. Totally support all of it to be added, but for IFVs (Italy made a ton) would need another folder just for the Centauro IFV variants. Curious as to your thoughts for what should be added for Italy air and the Ariete line.

Love the work you do, honestly I don’t know why Gaijin wouldn’t just hire you at this point. Like you’ve basically provided a very good layout to what Italian players have been wanting and begging for, basically having done part of the work for them. Anything you listed here I would have picked night and day over the KF41 that doesn’t even work.

1 Like

Okay, but why AA premium, I don’t think there are any of them in the game and I doubt that gaijn will ever add them.

3 Likes

The Draco was always meant to be an anti-air vehicle, despite it being incompleted we kinda already know what type on 76mm munitions it would’ve gotten, none of which include ones meant for hitting ground targets. THAT SAID, if gaijin was going to add this vehicle there are some limited sources which mention the fact it could fire any nato-standard 76mm round, at a stretch this could include the APFSDS round developed for the OTO. Gaijin will likely not do that tho, it’ll probs be a pure AA vehicle and as such i placed it in the AA line.

Made some suggestions on the old forums and slowly i’m adding them back here unto the new one, for the Ariete line there’s a few AMV prototypes which can still be added and also one of my personal fav Ariete variant which mounts the B2 Centauro turret. These i can see going in that line.

Thank you very much for the kind words, if you do wanna stay updated with what me and others in the ITA TT community do feel free to join the WT-ITA discord.

2 Likes

They are extremely rare to be added yes, but sadly not every AA really has a place in the tree and instead of hindering people grinding it i’d rather propose certain vehicles as alternatives for those either still grinding the tree or those who would like to have something to spice up their lineups. I do understand its controversial anyhow, thanks for the comment.

2 Likes