Next patch and beyond wishlist(Everything except Tech Trees)

The EMBT looks so good. Shame it’s only a testbed :(

3 Likes

Will slowly mature into the production worthy final design. But seems like KNDS is still not sure which design choices they want to nail down … like a narrow unmanned turret with less ready ammo but harder to get hit or a large unmanned turret with more internal volume but a larger target to get hit.

1 Like

The EMBT won’t enter production. Simply because it can’t deliver what Germany and France want from the MGCS.
The final system will be very different from the Leclerc, Leopard and EMBT I think.

Yes … different needs … France wants a lighter, expedition worthy platform and Germany wants a proper defensive capable brute of a platform … then there’s the gun … Rh-130 vs ASCALON
but currently this EMBT is what both parties’ agreeing to now for time being as the rough underlying foundation for the MGCS, from which the final design will mature into

Also posted this quite while ago:

Rheinmetall is already considering a Leopard 3 project as a backup should the MGCS fails/dissolves

Panther EVO
KF-51 turret mated to a Leopard 2A4 hull

4 Likes

Although it’s listed as Leopard 2A8 … but it is actually the Leopard 2 Eurotrophy demonstrator from 2022 based on a 2A7DK.
Few changes were done to make it look visually similar to the Leopard 2A8 render but it’s still neither totally new 2A8 nor the final design.

Since germany has the KF series leopard and support vehicles the early leclerc/leo hull, the 2022 EMBT 120 and the EMBT Ascalon 140 should go to France! Both have French Guns FCS APS etc. The latter two would be very competitive with the Jaguar, Crab 30mm, and Scarabee MP.

2 Likes

If it can move and shoot. There is no reason for it not to added. with data on the electronics etc.

1 Like

It was so close and now so far!!!

gaijin when pucara???

3 Likes

French Arquss Scarabee light RECCE
Anti Drone/Anti Helicopter/Armored vehicle.

Armed with 12.7 or 30mm RCWS.

MP tactical missile.

Giraf Radar with IRST

8 Likes

Yes, take it without hulls

germany got a French Amx 13 105 turret on a marder so … seems fair.
Plus germany will get the KF51 Panther around the same time, and all of its KF series support units. Spaa, ifv, 120mm recce vehicle. There is plenty. Let the EMBT series go to France after all the Leclerc variants are added. germany won’t starve.

Heck, the UK tree has a Vickers with a Leopard 2 hull which follows the same principle as the EMBT program.

“(French Weapons, FCS, APS, EWS etc) > (german hull.)”

2 Likes

Honestly its just an bad argument when everyone else is getting kf51s amd leopards as well.
The embt series is just as much german as it is french and should be added to germany as well.
It doesnt matter how much potential geemany has.

Look at US and Russia and how they get new top tier planes nearly every update.
Why shouldnt germany have its right to their tanks when they played as much of a part in them as anyone else

The vickers mk 7 isnt a collaboration project it is an project by the UK alone for an export variant.

In the meantime the embt is a collaboration project for a new generation tank in which germany is even the lead manager

The one with the Leo hull and leclerc turret should go to both nations. Not another fiasco like the DF105

1 Like

I agree:
Leclerc evolution!

8 Likes

I’m glad to see a modernised Leclerc hull :D

2 Likes

KF-41 Lynx with Hitfact MK2 turret

3 Likes

this is what I’ve got

“Gepard-2”
Skyranger 35 turret on a Pz.87 (Leopard 2) hull

3 Likes

It’s a binational project so it should go to both countries. The MGCS is the future for both trees’ ground forces so I don’t understand why its prototypes should only go to one country.
The APS on the 2022 turret is israeli btw.

1 Like