Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

Yeah I see them a few times flying over. Even had a German one fly low over after taking off from Cardiff a few months ago.

It’s a shame though it seems that the RAF aren’t that much interested in doing anything more with them like what France and Germany have planned. Turning them from just cargo aircraft into drone swarm and long range cruise missile trucks.

1 Like

its more likely that it is just something useer created from WT Live

that has nothing to do with the accuracy of a guided bomb

It was used in one of the Moments of Valour videos. Sadly it isn’t on WT Live.

Would love it to be published on WT Live though, even if in a half-baked state.

looks like it says “checked 1997/8/25”
image
There’s also logistic crates nearby, so its probably just part of the model and not a hint

I don’t think that has anything to do with the bombs

It’s more of a HE and overpressure problem

I’m saying even if you ignore the overpressure from the explosion bombs should carry kinetic energy, you can watch clips of inert bombs punching right through tanks, they inflict damage outside of the explosion because they have a lot of kinetic energy

it should be common knowledge at this point to just guide your bombs next to the tank so you cant get screwed over by weird damage model interactions

1 Like

Unless you know smth that happened on the 25th August 1997, i don’t think its anything important

There is whatever is here

1 Like

24 Years before the F15EX, EX confirmed next upd dev blog tomorrow

4 Likes

image
clearly this is hint

4 Likes

Is Gajin still doing WIP?

1 Like

Indeed, I was and still am A B S O L U T E L Y L I V I D .

2 Likes

F-15EX devblog has to be tomorrow, i know it

5 Likes

I’m not sure if that could be changed, but obviously only the devs would know that

You definitely are right in saying that they should penetrate armour, provided they’ve accumulated enough kinetic energy, but with how Gaijin models HE and armour penetration in general, I doubt they could change that without breaking something else lol

They obviously have a way to assign armour penetration values to bombs, but considering that you cannot set a fuze timer for those, I’d assume that they are coded differently than regular bombs

Hey. Our bombs do correspond to real world physics. If you have encountered a bug, the correct place to report it is here please: Community Bug Reporting System

The model used in videos / cinematics is purely for that purpose. It isn’t a model of the level of quality required to add it to the game currently.