I didn’t mean to accuse you of anything
It’s just an observation I made thanks to all the times I’ve seen F-5s, MiG-23s, MiG-21s, etc go base bombing
I didn’t mean to accuse you of anything
It’s just an observation I made thanks to all the times I’ve seen F-5s, MiG-23s, MiG-21s, etc go base bombing
Question: Do these sources know where the missile capability for the Canadair Sabres comes from?
Eg., from the start (Mk 2/4) or a request/domestic modififcation of later operators?
If you can’t share it, it’s fine; I was just trying to find out why there are claims of universal missile capability for the Sabre Mk 6 when the air force it was originally designed and built for, the RCAF, had no AIM-9s and wasn’t looking at getting any at all at the time.
Right, I meant unique as in “not a total reskins”, not as in a “different variant with important differences” kind of way
i mean from nation to nation
the US had the F-4S
Germany the Mig-21 Bis
Russia the Mig-23ML
UK had the F-4J(UK)
Japan the F-4EJ
China the J-7D
Italy the F-104S TAF
France the Mirage F1C
Sweden the J35XS
Israel the Kifir Canard
and all of those differed in playstyle and capabilities and had tech tree equivalents
i know
and it annoys me as well
and yet non is top tier
The XS doesn’t really fit anymore as the J exists and is just a worse version at the same BR, not really unique
“Back in my day the trees were actually different”
They were the “top tier” premiums when they were added
Greek ones were ex-RAF that were modified by North American before delivery
that is not the point, at all
did you even bother to read my message properly that you reacted to?
That’s not what @ron_23 is trying to say
This is more about each nation having a different premium, rather than most of them using the same premium
Fair, I mean Sweden could get another premium Viggen but it would just be screwing us over once more
sorry you are correct, but yea moving ahead in ranks uniqness vanishes as all countries start using the same planes, in the future all rank 9 prems will be F-35s
You mean to tell me that you don’t want a premium JA37C?
So did North American give them the ability to use AIM-9s?
If so, didn’t the Italian ones follow the same history? So should they also be able to use them?
Not really personally
i have no idea
Also that’s not what I meant the JA37D IR-OTIS and the JAS39A IR-OTIS are both possible
We could also get RB72 since it had 20 working models
Gaijin went back in time and secretly did that