Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

@Macron-Spokesman Since we’re not likely to get SCALP/Storm Shadow any time soon… What do you think about the possibility of APACHE? Same-ish as the successor SCALP but instead of one (technically 2…) warhead it’s ~10 submunitions (50 kg warhead each?). Also nice that it can also be used on Rafale or M2K.

@Morvran no Storm Shadow yet for us :(

1 Like

Day 7 of waiting for Cypriot sub tree

I don’t know how the consortium does it, but with Thales, even the first test flights of new radars doesn’t apparently contain the full functional content which won’t be for another few years after that.

image

I’d imagine Captor-E might have something similar where the first assembled radar is delivered, there’s a test flight, but then there’s another test going on later with the actual radar being functional.

I’d be surprised if we don’t get SCALP/Storm-Shadow anytime this year since JSOW is supposed to get full stealth modeling this year.

I’d wonder runway munitions would be modeled and implemented in the game, also Gaijin would have to allow for weapons of this kind to be added in the first place.

It already does

Why?

There will be a “work up phase” where the radar starts from IOC all the way to fully operational. That’s fairly standard for most equipment these days. And that will also be timed with software updates from the supplier to enhance and improve existing capabilities. But from a hardware perspective I’d expect it to be mostly done.

1 Like

Its probably more likely to come with JASSM, since the JSOW is just an unpowered glide bomb, but JASSM and Storm Shadow are powered cruise missiles with much longer range and they both stick low to the ground to evade detection.

Hello, dear Gunjob!

Could you please forward this bug report? I made it back during the Dev Server, but it appears to remain unseen.

I wanted to avoid having to ask to have it forwarded as to not being a hassle, but I’m starting to feel like it will die unseen if I don’t, hahah.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Q0yqPNC5I1BI

(And while we are at it, this would be cool too, but it’s not as urgent, as it’s only a visual thing and not gameplay-altering like the other one is: Community Bug Reporting System )

Could always just add the later F-15J(M) variants. There’s later variants w/ MAWS, IEWS (ECM) (and potentially a nose-mounted IRST, but it was limited in numbers and I’m not sure if any F-15Js with said IRST had the two other systems). In that case we could have a F-15J(M) capable of AAM-4B/AAM-5/-5B, AIM-120D + MAWS / ECM / IRST (?)

3 Likes

The current ones technically have a sort of MAWs system in the rear it’s I think for detecting radar frequencies iirc but gaijin never modeled it.

The one with IRST I believe is a pre msip eagle but I would have to be fact checked on that.

2 Likes

Day 1310 of waiting for Polish tech tree

7 Likes
2 Likes

How did they forget F-15EX devblog today as well?

6 Likes

Why the flum has Finland got the SA skin, shouldn’t it be british ?

3 Likes

Should be a J(M), but without the HMD

Doesn’t Gaijin have not the best record when it comes to creating Frankenstein vehicles based of planned additions or technical possibilities?

They also seem to apply these exceptions based on their magic 8 ball.
K…

Yeah but we can’t use that logic or they hit us with the
markup_9817

In the end the vehicle is always what the devs want not what it can actually do, look at the Gripens

None of them are correct, they use aspects of stuff that doesn’t work, but it’s okay cause the devs don’t want to represent them correctly because it’s easier to balance by what they want

Isn’t it only modelled (sort of) in NT and not in all game modes?

Pretty sure they haven’t finished RCS for munitions yet. But they said it was on the menu which is cool

1 Like

@FlyingOstridge did an oopsie on the official post of this video

2 Likes

I never expected them to do one of these for something so recent.