Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

Day 20 of waiting for Cypriot sub tree

1 Like

There was also a control for it in the last dev server

1 Like

its because of the sun, its protectory would have shown if it wasn’t a twin tail and the shadows on the other side can only get explained because of the shadows from a twin tail, and the plane looks bigger than a wellington

Britain had no twin tail planes that match the shape of that plane though, at least not with just two engines and I’m not entirely sure what planes were operated by Australia

The Brigand doesn’t match it at all
The Hudson had a turret between the tail and the wings
The Halifax has 4 engines
The Lancaster has 4 engines

The Hampden gets kinda close, but the picture makes the fuselage seem pretty thinck and the tail seems to have a turret

who said anything about Britain, the picture is from Greece

i thing the plane in the pic has 4 engines

Huh?

https://www.haf.gr/history/training-history/
they look like the same but they are not , notable difference one has 6 hangars the other 10-12

Might be a Avro Manchester

You think so? I can’t see the similarity

Maybe… Just not enough details visible

Looks twin engine, not quad, and I do think its a twin tail.

Not a lot fits that description but the Manchester would

Where in Greece though?

The page mentions a base in Iraq, but that one also doesn’t look like the one in the picture

thats in the middle of ww2

the pic is after ww2 in Tatoi

I don’t follow
When is that picture from and where is it supposed to be?

Tatoi, Attika 1946 – 1949

Quick googling also says that the Avro Anson was commonly used at Mount Gambier, whilst I think its a bit small for that aircraft seen, it is possible

Is that the only picture of that airbase?

I really can’t see a twin-tail, no matter how much I try. According to that site Greece also operated the Wellington, so that supports the idea that it could be one.

Avro Anson is a good shout actually. Does look quite close especially towards the nose unless it’s the lighting playing tricks.

image

1 Like

Google says that it’s Gambier, the museum page Pipimer linked only mentions Habbaniya, which is in Iraq and looks completely different and I can’t find pictures of Tatoi.

Anson? Maybe? But that’s another one without a twin tail.

The front looks right, but that tail doesnt.

its the secret Avro Vulpes