Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

I find it hilarious lol

But as Chat gpt said Japan is just the draw Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia are the folders with in that draw.

Interestingly Chat gpt has also said that if you change the flag to Malaysia, play a Malaysian jet and grind Malaysia you ARE playing Malaysia not Japan

5 Likes

Enlisted has released it 's major update, bringing armed cars to the research tree. Some, like the Kurogane and Willys MB, have low-detail counterparts here in WT.

It 's also the start of their next monthly event, whose prizes are also armed cars.
One of them is the AS 42, which is available in WT as an SPAA. However, in Enlisted it receives an additional three machineguns

and so it joins a number of other tanks which have gotten new armour packages there first.

I wonder who Chat GPT quotes as a source

7 Likes

God knows but some of it is interesting tho lol

2 Likes

Doesn’t make it more bearable lol, they’ve ruined a major contributor to the game’s immersion which was unique and strictly national tech trees. I mean you know how it makes zero sense regardless of the flag to be able to play Soviet/Russian jets as a Japan main, and still on the other hand if you numbed your conscious to it by modifying the UI to call it Malaysia or Indonesia it doesn’t make it much better because those nations are irrelevant for games if you know what I’m trying to get at

Sorry for the small rant I haven’t recovered haha

5 Likes

I can see it.

Baseline MiG-31 model with R-33 and MiG-31BM with R-77-1/R-37M 🤩

The Korea tree can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Would love the MiG-31B instead of the regular first production MiG-31, it’s mostly the same so you get the same experience but you’d also get the option to use the better R-33S missiles

1 Like

I mean, yeah. Kind of helps the progression: MiG-31B → MiG-31BM. Just rolls off the tongue.

BR 13.3 perhaps? Just throw it in there with the Su-30s

1 Like

With the R-33 you get 120 km of estimated max range, with the R-33S you get around 160 km, so it’s a closer fight with the F-14D and its AIM-54C+.

I was thinking 12.7 or 13.0, since its self defense dogfight weapon would be the R-60M.

Hell nah

You can’t tell me that it would be worse than the SHar FA.2

Indonesia is a big contributing factor to why I didn’t quit this game four years ago. Before this I was getting a bit burnt out from all games having the same vehicles I already heard of from the same handful of nations.
I think it’s amazing to see War Thunder as a place for nations like this, since really no other game does.

That said I do think that subtree implementation is bad. As a concept I like it, but it also seems like a lot of wasted potential as it stands now. It really should avoid feeling like it’s just one nation (in this case Japan) with scattered added content and funny flags attached, instead it should be presented more like multiple distinct nations that are allowed to cooperate in game.

4 Likes

Are you ready to do so again?

Sub-tree folders + updated matchmaking for a mix of main nations/sub nations vs others or sub vs sub etc would be peak

1 Like

Well I’m not saying that, but the thing is not only would it get R-60Ms for self defense in close quarter dogfights, it would likely only get 12 cartridges of countermeasures as well. The F-14A is 12.7 and the F-14B is 13.0, so it would make sense.

Yeah, and that’s not a good thing either.

1 Like

BR nightmare: when flight performance (in a straight line, no better than the MiG-25’s turning circle of Siberia) + other specs makes munition balancing a nightmare

1 Like

I mean if you have captured/lend lease things too so should we remove them too because it “ruins” the flavour of the tree ? How far do you want to purify tech trees

I respect your opinion. As you said though, the implementation is very bad. I think they could’ve simply added those nations in a new and separate tree to avoid tarnishing Japan. It didn’t need immersion-ruining copy paste.

Seeing unique nations added to the game such as Yugoslavia and Poland would’ve been a lot better.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “you”?

Yep. Especially in modes that don’t have lineups I would prefer operator matchmaking over techtree matchmaking.

Just splitting operators into different groups sorted by faction (for example axis/allies, nato/warsaw, etc.), as well as neutral nations (that can just go on either side, but not both at the same time) could be nice.

For example if I queue alone with an East German MiG, I think the game should try and match that with USSR and against even West German aircraft. Of course in a squad with friends there can always be combinations of East/West aircraft again, but that’s no different from making a squad with US/USSR either and can just lead to the mixed battles this leads to now too.

2 Likes

It’s a difficult situation tbh. The MiG-31B’s advantages are that it’s going to have a PESA radar, good long-range missiles and impressive speed, but its disadvantages are notable as well.