Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

If there was any progress on prototyping MiG 1.42 I wouldn’t mind it as unfinished prototype.

I’m all for additions like that, as long as Gaijin can stick to the way the real projects were intended of putting armament on unarmed demonstrators because “They flew, so it’s more realistic”. For example if the YF-22 was as far as that project got I don’t think Gaijin should throw in radar, RWR and CMs into it, but I do think it’d be fair to add the final F-22 on the basis of an “incomplete prototype” because that’s the armed configuration that the completed project would result in.

1 Like

CM on monday, devblog on tuesday

2 Likes

Challenger 2 fixes on wednesday? :D

1 Like

tomorrow then, but remeber me on what you are coping for

Spoiler

2 Likes

I’ve not looked deep enough into the 1.44/1.42, so I don’t know the entire story.

There is a thread discussing it, but I haven’t read through it yet. I’m planning to do so though and to do some more reading about it outside of the forum, as I think the design is pretty interesting.

I’m personally not expecting it to be added anytime soon, but obviously we won’t know, unless it happens lol

Spoiler

The Mikoyan-Gurevich project 1.44

1 Like

Hear me out. They drop same day.

To what extent? Like full up mockup or just partially? The launcher itself exists and is present on the SIDAM 25 Mistral (it should only have one afaik but what gives)

image

1 Like

Not likely

With cope it can be

So, on the pictures that clearly show the front of the vehicle the launchers are mock-ups

Spoiler


But I’ve just now come across this page in another vehicle suggestion that does show the SANTAL launching a Mistral. The page claims that the vehicle that is launching the missile is a 6x6 version of the VAB, but I seem to be too blind to tell whether that actually is a 6x6 or a 4x4 because of the lighting and terrible resolution of the picture.

Spoiler

So what seems to be the case is that the 4x4 version potentially never had proper launchers installed, what I can tell for sure is that Gaijin initially did model the launchers to look exactly like the mock-ups though lol

Spoiler

EWWWWWWWWW!

Apparently, T-80BVM2 and T-90M2 will share a T-90M Arena-like turret… including the 7 second autoloader.

E.W. Apparently, Russia is cursed to 7 second reloads in War Thunder, hahah.

Future T-80s straight up losing what makes T-80 better than T-90 right now ingame.

At least the turret has peak protection and Arena-M, I guess!

Remove german EMBT

2 Likes

it has been buit, drived, tested, so no. We can also say, remove the AGS becouse USA didnt develpoed it further.

3 Likes

it happend on usa bombers too

Uhh the combined MBT portion is dead, not the whole project

3 Likes

Remove the KPz 70 because Germany dropped out before the XM803 got developed

3 Likes

Even if the whole project was dead, there would be no reason to get rid of anyone’s EMBT

Both nations developed the EMBT together as a tech demonstrator for what the MGCS could be

Spoiler

Fr*nce making a joint project too complicated to the point that their collaborators consider leaving?
Hmmm, that reminds me of something…

2 Likes

tbh i am not even sure if the tank part is dead, one thing i can say for sure is that that french general dude misspoke and was referring to FCAS

1 Like

One more prop and jet and I’ll have finish the whole Japanese air tree. (Note that I count sub nations as a separate identity)

image
image

1 Like