Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

@Smin1080p_WT

The new Italian Tornado IDS (A200) appears to not have the new Tornado FM. Was this ommitted for a reason or is it a bug?

(God I hope the Tornado FM isnt being reverted, its glorious to use on the F3 in Sim)

Well… maybe?

It’s hard to say what is more likely.

The October update is usually “smaller” than others, while the December update shifts the meta with powerful new additions.

The last October update, Kings of Battle, added very few aircraft and instead mainly featured the M109 in multiple nations.

The October update before that, Fire and Ice, added the Finnish subtree for Sweden (air and Ground) as well as Flamethrower weapons (this one had a sizeable number of vehicles, but many of them were copy and paste for Finland).

If the air meta will move to 4.5 gen fighters, I think that is likely to happen with the December update. And certainly the addition of F/A-18 and variants would be quite exciting. But they’re not 4.5 gen, at least not the A-C variants.

Based on what we know, I think the October update could include the F/A-18 for multiple nations or a sub-tree (likely BeNeLux ground or Thailand), but not both. It probably would also include a new weapon type, likely ARMs.

3 Likes

I thought it was the Sept one that is smaller since it the mid way for the year.

But even so I hope for a new nation or a Japanese sub since most subs and nations been added in October.

bandicam 2024-09-12 01-08-36-582

6 Likes

BeNeLux would also be an exception to that rule since they were added in Seek and Destroy, a June update, but I think your point still stands

2 Likes

Yea BeNeLux air was an expectation to this pattern.

You lot really don’t know how badly I want a new nation lol.
I know I play all nations but even then once you get up to a point everything just becomes boring.

1 Like

I like the idea of having new nations too.

The one I’m personally looking forward to is a united Korea tech tree, but I’d appreciate any new independent tree.

3 Likes

For me it’s Poland mainly due to it’s position as it can be an open flood gate for more EE stuff.
Plus it can be a nation that starts at rank 1 and go up to 8.
I hate the idea of half nations especially since the last one was also a half

Also it gonna be funny seeing German mains having a melt down over the 2PL being hidden and being in another nation lol.

5 Likes

I’m also in the boat of wanting a rank 1 nation after all WW2 is where my enjoyment is found, a nation without that is a pointless nation to me.

3 Likes

Yea plus North Korea would make a good sub for China too, China would became a mini russia then lol

eh, I think united Korea would be a good addition as a new nation it’s just on the bottom of my list as it’s just something I can’t find interesting.

2 Likes

Ah, but that leads back to the age-old question, where does ROK go?

It doesn’t have quite enough to be on its own.

Most of the sub-tree options don’t make sense:

• Can’t go to Japan
  • USA doesn’t need it and doesn’t have the space for all of the vehicles
  • China doesn’t need both PRK and ROK
  • Doesn’t really fit anywhere else

Honestly, if they added Poland as a full rank 1-8 tech tree, ROK would actually fit all right as a sub tree there due to their recent cooperation

2 Likes

I would argue that the post 2000s upgrades of the legacy hornets are just on the edge of being gen 4.5 but only just.

1 Like

Actually. I think it could. If it was part of a wider south china sea collection of nations

• South Korea
  • Thailand
  • Singapore
  • Vietnam?

probably a few others im forgetting.

Then it would likely be fine.

(also, we have India/South Africa with Britain. Great history there. I dont think gaijin would really care about Japan and Koreas history )

4 Likes

Eh, i mean if you think the MLU 2 is is on the edge of 4.5 thats on you. I cant see it being anything other than a 4th gen. Maybe its because other 4.5’s are much more advanced that i just dont see them fitting that gen title

Looks like it’d fit in Japan just fine.

1 Like

No it won’t

1 Like

If Gaijin doesn’t care, then yeah. After all, Wargame had Blue Dragons. But it wasn’t based in any kind of reality, there really aren’t any military ties between the two countries. They’ve only begun doing exercises together recently.

From a gameplay perspective, I agree that they would actually fit. ROK offers a lot of mid-to-high tier support vehicles (SPGs and AA vehicles) plus mid-tier MBT options superior to what Japan has now (ROK has a lot of M48 variants) and can bolster high-tier ground with the K1 and K2 tanks.

ROK and PRK would both be better as sub-trees for air because they don’t have a lot of indigenous aircraft to add…

But all the same, that’s if Gaijin looks past the politics. Who knows?

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to be legacy ones, but then again I’m not an expert on Hornets or anything.

Think about it, when other nations get their 4.5 gens, what would go over well with US players having to face them? A strike aircraft like the F-15E or an actual advance fighter aircraft?

We know USA has to get something as well. Otherwise the complaining will be biblical.

The F/A-18E/F would count as 4.5 gen, but I can’t see Gaijin adding them before the F/A-18A/C which fit within the current meta without pushing it forward.

As the many Britain/Germany/France/Italy mains would tell you, there are versions of the EFT and Rafale that don’t carry any weapons more advanced than the ones in-game now, so they would only be somewhat superior in flight performance.

The US could add some variants of their existing aircraft, but it’s true that other than the F/A-18 there aren’t many new airframes that would match that capability without greatly exceeding it.

2 Likes

Given that we know that Germany will be getting an F/A-18C and that Britain and Italy both have a JAS39C, I doubt the Typhoon will come any time soon.