Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

Or Germany, they have the Lim-5 already.

2 Likes

That East Germany used. Next you’ll be saying that America should get Turkey.

A big problem is that, the update can’t keep up the player’s need. now, it’s like every TT get’s new things by turns, adding new TT will just extend this waiting.

A small price to pay for Yugoslavia.

That would be cool as well. I love the lim-5 when mig-17 with K-5s?
550_rd

6 Likes

Never said it should get them. Don’t put words into my mouth.
The discussion was where it would go. It’s up to Gaijin, I’m just speculating.

If someone would actually ask me where I think it should go then I’d say it’s own tree.

1 Like

Basically any K-5 (or K-55) carrier is long overdue imo.

1 Like

Good question, Soviet tree would make sense because for Warsaw Pact, on the other side UK for WW2, but also it can be USA, they fought for an independent America together.

1 Like

Japan

Spoiler

They are both red and white)

2 Likes

The game lacks a good amount of significant rank 5-6 jets, around 8.0 to 9.3.

Wallet warriors do not care about anything that is not top tier, even Russian vehicles are suffering from it.

MiG-21PFM 's R-55 missile
MiG-21S R-13M missile

The lack of MiG-17PF etc etc.

4 Likes

mig-17/mig-19/J5/J6
I think their operating method is similar to KH-66?

2 Likes

Fun fact: Polish is well favoured in Japan, that’s why they made together a movie called Avalon (2001).

Not sure how the KH-66 works but the K-5 is a beam riding missile. So that would be similar to what the Swift has in game. Most carriers have a better radar than the swift though so you’d be able to shoot down bombers from quite far… Or unsuspecting players in sim because (almost) no one has RWR’s at the Br where we’d see them. They should follow the beam towards a locked target (but not maneuver to intercept). The Swift has this too but with a very narrow 3km radar it doesn’t show much.

The Su-9 (not the one in game but the 1950’s interceptor with the same name) has a SARH variant of the K-5 named K-55 btw.

1 Like

It had K-55’s? Sweet. Would love that. Too bad I don’t have the PFM and it’s pretty much out of reach.
Other MiG-21’s you know of had it?

1 Like

Aim at SACLOS. KH-66、 Fire flash air-to-air missiles all use this guidance method. What is the explosive yield of K5/PL-1? I think he should be able to serve as a ground missile

1 Like

Exactly

No idea. The proximity fuze might make it useless against armoured targets though…
Still, won’t be fun to try out, yes.

1 Like

I think they have a higher probability of touching the fuse

aint there a Sidewinder variant with Laser seeker and impact fuse to be used as Makeshift AGM too?

2 Likes

me when Warsaw Pact