Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

Sooo, based on the teaser at the end of the F-111C/F devblog and the Brazil event video…

Vulcan???

1 Like

if we get vulcan, then fb111 and b1 are almost guaranteed

maybe b58 but idk

2 Likes

Dunno about the B1, as that goes far beyond the capacities of stuff like the V-Bombers, Mirage IV, FB-111, B-58, Tu-22, etc

2 Likes

B-52, B-36, B-58.

Edit getting my b1s and b2s the wrong way round.

The Lancer is a maybe I think, but defiently not the spirit

2 Likes

I would actually call the B-2 more likely, as it has less capacity and it isn’t supersonic

1 Like

I think its the fact it is supersonic makes it far more likely than any other :D

Mirage IV, Lancer, etc actually would have a reasonable chance of surviving and getting to bases. I could see other aircraft like the B-52 and Vulcan being nearly impossible to place :D

1 Like

The Mirage IV carries less than 25% of what a B-1 could carry, and that is based on the START I limited B-1s capacity

The ability to get to a base in ARB really shouldn’t play much of a role here, as these bombers are more suited for sim and ground battles until ARB EC becomes a real thing.

1 Like

This is the kind of stuff I was talking about, especially considering that the M-84AS (not M-84) is significantly more different from the T-72M than the SO-122 is from the M4.

2 Likes

Its HMS Hood with 9 guns instead of 8, much higher deck, much better anti torpedo defence, better barbette and turret armour, the same thickness of belt but more inclined so effective is like 2-3 inches thicker and to top it all off it has bigger guns with vastly higher penetration and can actually achieve a 30 second reload.

So its well before the time for that ship.

Iowa will come when things like the H-39, Lion class, G 3, Yamato and Sovetsky come, probably as the second ship so it gets to dominate for a bit and Germany being the favourite will get H-39 vastly too early.

1 Like

The Brits are sat in the corner with one whole TT 7.0, the French are even worse for wear, with precisely 0 dhipd at 7.0

Whoever is sorting out the priorities for naval development is in lala land, and whoever is placing said ships in their various places across the tech trees is also on some strong stuff

5 Likes

The flipside to that is we shouldn’t be at the point where Russia has more Rank 6s than Britain or France, considering Russia didn’t really get round to capital ship design

2 Likes

I imagine its a balance feature due to the belt thickness. If you were to compare ships historically you have several US ships fighting some 7.0s without this feature, but with this feature if you have good aim, US ships are not an issue.

Imo they should keep the shell room detonation, but reduce its chances of being fatal. When Iowa had her turret explosion it did not detonate the ship, and the magazines were secure, however it did absolutely wreak havock with the gun. Usually turrets can historically get working again after surviving a shell but obviously this was not the case with Iowa’s turret 2 as the explosives inside is much more than those found within a naval shell, particularly a German one which are the few real examples of turrets then getting working again after being hit.

And also as HK concludes the bag charges can be detonated also, however i disagree with his point on that being after exposure to prologonged fire. Iirc the Iowas powder bags and lower shells in the barbette ignited and detonated less than 10 seconds after the initial explosion.

So imo, it should work as… shell detonations destroys the turret and overpressures AA around it perhaps and causes the need to fully repair the turret so a 40 seconds repair, with firefighting its limited to just the turret but if you don’t fix the fire within 20 seconds you get a string of secondary detonations down the barbette ultimately resulting in a magazine explosion.

they’d have to go to BRs where they’re either slightly faster than most fighters or or equal to them

so the slower ones around 7.3-7.7

the Transonic ones around 8.3-8.7

and everything supersonic at 9.7-10.0

well… c’yall in about 4 weeks :D

6 Likes

Probably be a leak before the devblogs so less than 4 weeks even.

6 Likes

without a bomber rework? that thing wont make it to a bombing target…

oh for sure. but i meant officially… since the snail doesnt like leaks :wink:

1 Like

it was a weight sim. non fuctional. gaijin would have known that if they went to koblenz and asked the curator.
best course of action would be for gaijin to replace the Rad90 with the TH400

3 Likes

bold of you to assume we won’t stay here

4 weeks ain’t that much

what the hell is that?

1 Like