Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

I read that the S2D was S2Cs made compatible with the Martels, that is, upgraded to the same standard as the S2B

wasn’t the last dev stream the same

1 Like

It’s been that long I can’t remember lol

1 Like

I think it was

These are all the AR version, of which we don’t have any weaponary of this kind currently in game.

The one going to the game with the Buccaneer is the TV version.

11 Likes

Will it actually get the datalink controls or will it work like a TV Maverick?

1 Like

It’s still WIP at the moment. So as I mentioned earlier, please wait for the dev streams.

15 Likes

iirc you can change the title on a whim right for twitch ?

Spreadsheet from Gzabi99

2 Likes

I hope it won’t be a long wait I’m really exited for this one, it’s the same feeling I had for Sons of Attila.

3 Likes

Tomorrow hopefully

2 Likes

Thats going to be fun

Yea I hope we get a teaser tonight as 3 months of silence was brutal

7 Likes

Oh thats right…hmmm…forgot about the teaser

2 Likes

The teaser at the late hour? the last one was at 10pm for me so maybe this one will also be?

Here’s a quick history of the Buccaneers. Originally there were two versions:

• Buccaneer S.1: Initial version for Fleet Air Arm
  • Buccaneer S.2: Version with new engines & weapons, etc. built for the FAA. Used by the RAF for training shortly after they agreed to start using Buccaneer (many years after the FAA did).

The RAF agreed to adopt the Buccaneer around the same time as Martel was being rolled out (1972 IIRC), so as the various standards were about to get complicated the S.2 designation was split into four:

• Buccaneer S.2A: A Buccaneer S.2 modified for the RAF (modified undercarriage and ejection seats,
    improved nav/attack system, bomb door fuel tank, etc.)
  • Buccaneer S.2B: A Buccaneer S.2A upgraded to support the Martel missile and ALQ-101 ECM pod
  • Buccaneer S.2C: A new designation for the Buccaneer S.2 in FAA service to be consistent with the new naming scheme.
  • Buccaneer S.2D: A Buccaneer S.2C with support for Martel.

So the S.2B and S.2D were very similar to begin with, but as the S.2B was in service much longer than the S.2D it received various upgrades that the S.2D was no longer in service to receive. Stuff like Laser Guided Bombs, fuselage mounted countermeasures, Sea Eagle, etc.

5 Likes

The Dev Steam should mean we can finally end the debate once and for all.

It’ll probably be a GE premium in the one tree without any of the nation’s stuff(that everyone could get). But I really hope the “Place 2” is option C.

4 Likes

Has there been a day with teaser and dev stream all in one day?

Watch as people who haven’t played Italy cries “This C&P isn’t needed”

3 Likes