Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

the A can get AMRAAMs

it wont because gajin wants it to stay at that br, else the C would have no reason to be added at all

sadge

maybe Gaijin will add them on the Viggen D before adding them to a more powerful platform.

threw my two cents in for match making but got the tanks i want off to custom battles til i get bored

The Leclercs are 11.7 BR. As we have already said, we wont be introducing a premium on the maximum available current BR at any given moment. So one on 11.7 is not possible.

The M1A1 and its counterparts like the Challenger 2 OES are 11.3. Not 11.7.

We were not just referring specifically to high BR light vehicles here. We are aware of many candidates for the future of the French tree and as we mentioned, are working to fill gaps within it across the board for line-ups.

All modern tanks have their armour based on the material that is available. Anyone is welcome to submit reports that will be considered as suggestions provided they meet the criteria: https://warthunder.com/en/news/7289-development-reports-concerning-the-protection-of-post-war-combat-vehicles-en

Nobody is asking for Primary sources. We are aware they are not possible to provide in most cases, and wont accept any that are not legally declassified and publicly available. The article linked above outlines what is accepted.

There are several sources that provide insight to the Leclerc’s protection. The Swedish and British trials are some. But this does not rule out the possibility of others being submitted for further consideration.

No worries, I hope this clarifies further, but lets please try to keep this topic on subject. Have a good one too.

7 Likes

Ah pew no telling off for the new nation talk hehe

/s

That 's even less likely than the Gripen A getting AMRAAM, the BR gap currently filled by the Viggen D is much larger.

They could add it to Gripen A, then do AIM-120C with AIM-9M on Gripen C, and Gripen E/NG getting IRIS-T and Meteors.

1 Like

i am still salty you (gajin) take 30year old swedish armor test sources over way more newer secondary sources which are more accurate, those swedish trials cant be used for the newest tanks anymore realy

2 Likes

Uhh, only thaing I can think of is that the orange guy said that the Hungarian air line will end with the Mig-29,

Besides that, I don’t think anything new was leaked

1 Like

Swedish Engineering and Metal is just superior mate

Could we have an official response about that too please? Because this is the main issue with the Leclerc. How do you think the Germans mains would react if their Leo2A7 had the same armor value as the Leo2A4?
So now outdated sources are more useful for Gaijin than actual sources and common sense?

So the question is how the Swedish trials can be considered as sources for the Leclerc (except for the prototypes and the first tranches maybe) ?
Thanks for the answer

This means that Prototype Leclercs are excluded as well as being premiums or it just means that Production Leclercs are not considered? They do have several differences, thus its why i ask.

1 Like

guys pls calm down a little bit, i know that we are all expecting the new FOX-3s, but hear me out, dont forget the fact that the swedish Gripen As in service were upgraded to C standards during his life in service with the Swedish air force soo, what this mean?, it means that we could recive a Late Gripen A simple as that, i can totally see this happening soo… just lets wait to next week and our doubts will be clarified. just calm down. smin never stated that they arent adding fox-3s this update nothing is denied yet soo… just chill out.

As we have already mentioned, we don’t plan to introduce a high rank tank premium where there is no line-up for it to develop into. We have not said what vehicles will / wont be considered in the future and I will not be able to answer such questions anyway.

Our focus right now is on resolving those gaps.

1 Like

u mean the way we are reacting that the 2a7v has worse armor then the Strv122? buddy we are very annoyed be the fact as well, the 2a7v has worse armor then the swedish tests as well

At least there is an upgrade between the older and newer versions of the Leo😉

We consider all available sources that provide protection values until other publicly available data can be found that provides a a clear view of what the protection ratings should be. Again, please check out the full article that covers how these are handled: [Development] Reports concerning the protection of post-war combat vehicles - News - War Thunder

Lets please remain on subject there. This is not relevant for the current topic at hand.

2 Likes

I do understand this, as you pointed out several times before, i wanted a confirmations about those two types of Leclercs because theorically speaking prototype Leclercs wouldn’t be 11.7, thus wouldn’t have issues at being introduced eventualy.

While i do also understand about those gaps, it is possible to atleast know if those gaps for top tier are worked on? Currently France is one of the few nations that completly miss said BR bracket.