Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

They’ve generally rightfully moved up, but all of them can provide cruel stomping in competent hands even fully up tiered. Gaijin has been very reluctant to up them.

76 Jumbo is the best case, because it’s at the cusp of where the armour and shells work, so you can’t comfortably put it up, but it’s still capable of getting 20 kills even fully up tiered, so it’s awkwardly trapped by compression, but it’s kept firmly in the useful spot.

1 Like

That’s because they wouldn’t give the M1A1 M829A1. US tanks were always stuck with inferior rounds.

It’s insane to argue Gaijin won’t move US tanks. US tanks have done nothing but go up in BR.

1 Like

True that the 76 Jumbo can be strong at the moment if used by a good player, but that also requires enemies to not know what to do. There are enough tanks around it that can easily crack it open like the IS-2, T-34-100, STA-1/2, M36B1/2 that are available.

I think the Jumbo 76 is very similar in situation to the IS-4 at 7.7. It can be really annoying to deal with in 7.7 games if you don’t have the right tank, because whatever 90mm HEAT-FS most nations have access to will likely either not pen or barely do any damage. However as soon as the IS-4 gets into 8.0 games it’s armor suddenly becomes a lot less reliable.

1 Like

To keep it low, where it is strong.

That’s called giving doing them a favour. They alway have the rounds they need to do their job, but never enough to up their BR to a point they lose advantages.

Good thing nobody said that.

What I say is this:

BR compression regularly confronts you with a choice. Put X vehicle too low or too high, because it can’t fit in the middle ground thay it should be.

When it comes to the US, Gaijin often do the F-104A, where it kicks everyone else in the ribs, instead of being kicked in the ribs. Whenever possible, unless it becomes impossible.

M1IP moved up because 10.7 with M900 was a travesty. M1A1 at 11.0 is a farce. F-104A at 9.3 is a farce.

Doesn’t mean the US has it all good, there are still the M60s the M103 etc. But more often it’s the M247 or the F-14A.

1 Like

Do you actually play the US tree? Not trying to be rude or argumentative just a genuine question.

1 Like

Yes. Ground out everything up to like 8.3 for ground. Reached the end of every air line (not the foldered stuff yet)

Mostly play 10.3 ground with the premiums like A-6E, KVT, Wolfpack, event vehicles like LOSAT and CCVL.

would be cool but can we get ARB EC again with 16v16 on the channel map? it would be perfect with naval tagets massive map for BVR and its wide enough for 16v16

1 Like

I got the marineflieger and never fired a single anti ship missile, because there is no targets, so i would love to have any naval target

2 Likes

They are basically only found in Sim these days. About 2/3 of maps have proper naval objectives to attack. Though I think ASMs (and precision weapons in general) need an overhaul. They miss quite often

Honestly, I think the future updates for a while will be air patches because they still need to catch up to modern day while ground is kind of already there. I’m sure there will be a naval push like this at some point too.

That being said, they do still add stuff to ground every update, so it’s not completely neglected.

I really hate how TWS just follows one target instead of just showing all targets in the FoV of your radar and letting you soft lock any of them without “attaching” to a target and having the radar antenna point and follow the target.

Yeah, when locking onto a big target (with targeting pod or radar) from side-aspect, they tend to go for the middle of the square, which is most often the smoke-stacks or empty space…

Yep. Im gunna start working on a proper suggestion/bug report for it at some point (will be honest Im trying to build up motivation for it)

But having recently gotten the Martels on the Buc S2B. Its really disappointing to see them straight up miss

It’s a targeting thing for all gamemodes actually. You can also see this when aiming ATGMs with helis manually while locked or with planes. Sadly Centre-off-mass isn’t the centre of the square most often.

And for the damage of the missiles… The damage models for naval have always been very broken.

BTW, something peculiar. A handful of CCs got their special redeem codes, including a HOI4 CC in China who probably never played war thunder before. (in case you are wondering the invite contains now unaccessible Gong Chen Chi-Ha decal, but the link is only accessible for new players)
Perhaps gaijin is (at least believing they are) cooking some big stuff?

Im gonna be honest with you, i have no clue what that means tbh

Sooooo basically a handful of CCs active on bilibili got their own WT invite codes on the same time, its like if isorrowsproduction, jynxki or xQc suddenly got a WT invite code.

so basically we might be getting some decals for wt that goes along with a devblog

so update at the end of June? how about No update this year it would be much better.

Actually the decal already exists. It is the Gong Chen decal, historically applied to a Chi-Ha, which is extremely rare and previously unobtainable in game - basically, this decal means that whoever owns it is a diehard China main.
So long story short, not a new decal actually.
But I already saw a HOI4 CC and moegirl(wikipedia for weebs) promotion link on the same day. If I am not mistaken, the first China-exclusive CC invite link was given to a CC who never played war thunder before.

Spoiler

War Thunder — 注册
War Thunder — 注册

For any who wants the decal. However I heard that this is only accessible for players with a war thunder game time for under 6 months.