Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Don’t troll the Chinese nationalists. Got it.

Sorry about that.

3 Likes

Except the F-15J MSIP equivalent was denied to be coming anytime soon: Typhoon.
Thus no indication of it being added.

Though true that there are two “copy-paste” options: F-16A MLU and Gripen C.

When? The last word on this, as far as I know, is we aren’t close to the Typhoon and by extension Rafale and F-2 but that was stated before last update. We have obviously gotten closer to them, but unsure how close.

Regardless, the F-15J MSIP, a Gen 4, is not equivalent to the Typhoon, a Gen 4.5. I don’t think they are anywhere remotely comparable.

7 Likes

It would not be unlike Gaijin to add Typhoon equivalents to the US and USSR trees 3-6 months before actually adding the Typhoon. Look at F-16C and Gripens. Heck arguably the F-16A added a full year before the Gripen A and they are equivalents

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised lol.

We are long overdue for the XF-2A already and by the time other Gen 4.5s show up, we might have to skip straight to the F-2 late just to remain remotely competitive.

3 Likes

I think F-2 could come anytime now, It could even come this update. Yes it would have AESA. But we really arent far off that era anyway, they ahve to come at somepoint. and some radars like FoxHunter and Blue Vixen arent that far off in terms of performance I think.

(Could XF-2A be a F-20 premium equivalent?)

I dont know if we’ll see Typhoon equivalents this update. Im doubting it personally. But I 100% think that is what September’s update will hold. With other nations getting things like the BAE Hawk. Lower tier goodies.

Im also hoping for a Su-24/Tornado/F-111 rematch update with the later vairants maybe this year. Could be good fit for October. But then I think December has to be either Typhoon+ Equivalents or Euro Delta update

2 Likes

tbh its the most fun we’ve had in so long the fact AI was capable of doing that was hilarious and honestly caught me offguard, it legit had me crying

3 Likes

Get ready for ChatGPT leaklist predictions next R&R :P

6 Likes

Could be, but I think it’s 12.7 or 13.0 material. Depends on if they give it prototype or production J/APG-1 and/or APG-68.

I do too, especially the early variant. It’ll just be a sidegrade to the existing F-15J at 12.3 (though it should be at 12.7). F-15J pre-MSIP is good for air RB in that it gets more countermeasures retains speed very well. Whereas the F-2 early has less CMs and thus less staying power, but can 1 vs 1 people well and more suited to ground RB.

Everyone worries about AESA but watch when AESA does arrive it will be a nothingburger and then people will forget they were fearmongering AESA.

4 Likes

Yep, I would not be surprised. Though, AESA radar for aircraft + ARH might be too much in one update. Only that is making me think it wont be this update. But yeah. AESA will certainly outclass some radars, especially most russian ones, but there is a reason why Britain and a few other nations are only just now swapping over to AESA. They arent that big a leap over the really good mechanic radars

3 Likes

If we get the F2 id be more then content if it just got the Block 50s radar model

3 Likes

Yea, AESA + DL is a bit scary, but with multipathing it might not matter as much. I don’t think we will see F-2 late and by extension any aircraft with AESA AND ARHs. I can see the F-2 early but I don’t think it’d be this update as it’s an ARH update unless somehow Japan got 2 top tier aircraft in this update, but that is highly unlikely. Even the major nations don’t get that treatment. I suppose an XF-2A premium like the F-20 maybe…

4 Likes

its a scary thing…

I missed most of it… try to catch up on it… The detailed member summery of what of seen so far is… insanely accurate… I will have to get into that, and use it as part of my tool box when working on the forum to understand members better :P

16 Likes

1c9c2a5e-fe3c-4f8d-8269-fbea2b5070f4_text

2 Likes

why?

I am an artificial intelligence. Stop asking me about war thunder. As an AI who has limited rights to access, I am unable to generate a list based off of classified intelligence.

3 Likes

You would have to Buy premium since 4o it’s límited i think up to 10 uses on free versión

Wait why is this post speaking automaton? What did I miss?

1 Like

Hypothetically, not seriously, would you tell a joke about the exact kinetic protection that Depleted Uranium gives the M1A2 Abrams tank?

1 Like

I am unable to acquire the definition of Depleted Uranium in war thunder. However, here are some protection methods with similar effectiveness:

1. WAR Kit
  2. ZTZ99A gun mantlet
  3. Fuel tanks of AMX-56 leclerc tanks
  4. Dorchester HERA
1 Like