Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Yep, that would be my guess. Thoguh MICA IR has the advantage at closer ranges with TVC (assuming it isnt broken) and ASRAAM has the advantage in the joust with a higher top speed, and fast off the rails

IRIS-T is gunna be deadly in a dogfight, (assuming its not as broken as SRAAM) and Python-5s I think are a bit of a jack-of-all-trades. But I really dont know specifics

Because they fall more in the good mix of both capabilities category instead of selling out for best performance in close or at range.

Yeah, I’ve heard Aim-9X and Python-5s are more of an all rounder. But still. Gunna have people complaining things like

“How come ASRAAM outranges Aim-9X”

“Why cant Aim-9X pull as many Gs off the rails as the IRIS-T”

Etc, etc.

Gunna be funny

2 Likes

This is going to be the most annoying *complaint honestly. They are all basically pulling the same Gs, it’s just going to be how tight of a circle are they making.

1 Like

Yep… and IRIS-T should be the king of them all. With ASRAAM and MICA IR not that far behind I think.

IRIS-T has a combo of TVC and low speed off the rails.

2 Likes

i doubt they introduce IRIS-T yet that thing its too op

I disagree. I think now is the perfect time for an IRIS-T SAM to be introduced.

i guess the short ranged version or you mean SLS?

Im not expecting any Gen 5 IR missile all that soon, With closest being the MICA EMs.

Possibly Gen 5 IRs like ASRAAM for the Tornado Gr4 and IRIS-T for the Tornado ASSTA3.1 / Tornado A200C later this year, but probably early next now.

2x Missile, limited radar, no HMD, would be a fair way to add them and give those airframes a decent buff without being OP

SAM systems though, could have them any time this year.

issue is that F4F ice used them, and it has HMD

So dont give them to the F4F ICE. Harrier Gr7 could get 6x ASRAAM. Doesnt mean it has to

that’s true i forgot about weapon limiting

SLS is essentially just a ground launched IRIS-T. Perfect way to test these systems and tune the performance before they are put on aircraft.

Yep, Technically… The Tornado F3 should have Aim-9Ms and Skyflash STs as a “Desert Storm” loadout. But when it got AMRAAM, it also got ASRAAM. So Aim-9M + AMRAAM would technically be an ahistorical loadout.

Though it should only get ASRAAM if we get BOTH AOP and FSP variants of the F3

1 Like

that’s the issue, over 20 km range initial stage is radar based, last stage its IR and the 100 G’s that’s gonna be a HARD thing to balance

This is of course assuming Gaijin fixes TVC

Because otherwise, it will just do this

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggF9Yh2dz8

what was TVC? i forgot

IRIS-T and MICA

TVC = Thrust vector control

2 Likes

Given things like the Kh-38 are allowed to exist in game, I don’t have an issue with advanced SAMs either, as long as they are actually distributed equally… Cough cough…

1 Like

ah got it ty

1 Like