Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

The only issue here (this is something I’ve had pointed out to me any time I’ve had the same take) is that Taiwan never actually got to use or test fly it. While it was absolutely designed to their specifications, it wouldn’t entirely make sense for them to get it if they never got to test fly it.

I think it’s safe to say that if the F-20 does come, it will be in the US tree

or MiG-21-93 )))))

I mean, current shipborne AA is almost always enough to deal with low-alt CAS, but this could be useful for bombers trying to do some big tosses.
With that being said out of the 10ish lancaster runs, I was never downed by a bravy, so that remains to be a question.

Imagine if that ends up as the next event plane, after the upcoming one lol

I can perfectly imagine some super beefed up MiG-21s at 11.7 wondering why they are here with 2 R-73s.

1 Like

💀

at least there’s Israeli MiG-21-2000

2 Likes

Or Kfir 2000/C.10 lol

I’ve been kinda hypothesizing that if a lot of these modernized 3rd Gens don’t end up as event aircraft, it’d mean Gaijin was saving them for useage as new pack prems, which makes a fair bit of sense.

One of the reasons I started thinking the Tigershark as a pack prem, even with AMRAAMs, would be entirely do-able lately.

Edit: Only problem with that is that would mean Rank 9 would be coming, which is where things get a bit confusing. What would qualify an aircraft for Rank 9? What already in-game planes would be moved to rank 9? etc…

MiG-21-2000 for Israel since its the failed proposal, MiG-21 LanceR for Italy representing top tier Romania, MiG-21-93 for USSR as its Russian, and top that up with the super 7 or the J-7G, now we are talking about some serious tomfoolery designs now.

3 Likes

What other option does Japan have for Fox 3 carrier since the devs on last update dev stream explicitly mentioned all nations will have one on ARH introduction?

I’m starting to think Gen 3 Fox 3 carriers are going to be rank 7 premiums.

1 Like

Most likely the Su-39 will get 2xR-77s and moved up to 12.0, but who knows.

no they can’t do that
They can’t lock my Shar behind a paywall

I don’t think Japan has any

So, possible foreign aircraft then?

no most likely a su39 late in tech tree

Being a premium, its harder to make those radical changes. more likely a second Su-39, like an Su-39 late or “Su-25TM” for the TT is more likely

Su-25SM3 at 12.0 certainly sounds okay. The Su-39 did get R-73s, but thats the fact that gaijin realized even giving it R-73 wont affect the balance.

i do not see su-25sm3 at 12.0 its just too slow for this kind of br

Anything with ARH will probably be 12.3 minimum

F-14A early is 11.7. If they’d add the F-111B with the early Phoenixes it might even be lower.
Or did you mean Su-25 variants with radar pods?

Pheonix really cant be compared with R-77

3 Likes

Which perhaps the guy assumes it’s a mistake too, we don’t know. Both leakers have been accurate before and AFAIK this is the first time one leaker has said another leaker is wrong.

If everyone else is getting ARH on Gen 3 platforms, I feel like the XF-2A or F-2 early would be a good fit to give something for Japan while other nations get ARHs to play with. Not like it’d be better than the existing F-15J pre-MSIP as it’d be more of a sidegrade to it.

Which is what makes me think we’ll get F-15C MSIP since US is also getting destroyed at top tier even with a good airframe like the F-15A. Also they didn’t get a BR increase to 12.7 even though it absolutely should. It’s possible they are going to add an F-15C MSIP at 12.7 or 13.0 with ARH (F-15J MSIP with AIM-120B or of AAM-4 depending on what they give everyone else).

It is possible yea, like maybe Thai F-16 or something.

1 Like