Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

That’s not strictly true. Some documents do refer to “Active Skyflash”/“Skyflash Mk 2” so it may have been called that at some point.

I know that thing very well :<

Toulon PTSD*

I dont think so. And Skyflash Active was just a mock up. I dont think it was ever even actually tested. It was scrapped very very early on in favour of AMRAAM. Thats why the Sea Harrier FA2 and Tornado F3 both used AMRAAM.

Besides. we really really really dont want British only missiles. They are alwasy stupidly buggy and never get fixed.

Well, enjoy your new Magic 2…

Earliest BR plane using Magic 1 : Chinese.
Earliest BR plane using Magic 2 : UK.

Why we could’nt enjoy our own stuff at low br? xD

1 Like

Active Skyflash barely got out of the testing and prototype stage before we realised AMRAAM was going to be the cheaper option aswell as superior, and therefore went with AMRAAM and completely abandoned it.

There would be 0 point to add Skyflash A now outside of just shitting on UK.

4 Likes

Its 11.0 now so probably not lol, as theres no Ground lineup for it to go with that isnt 11.3+.

Shh dont tell him India is one of the operators of the AS-30L

2 Likes

Perhaps gonna change with dual BR for planes.

The Magic 2 will move this thing to 11.0 where it will be useless so… They would be better off if it got Magic 1s and stayed at 10.3

Maybe but we will have to wait and see, if it could be 10.3 in ground it’d be amazing as we might aswell join in on the powercreep of CAS in 10.3 anyway. but at 11.0 itll be okay but nothing special.

That is my thinking for what this tests. It tests how a 10.3 CAS performs at 11.0 in Air.

I don’t see any other point to the dual BR than to help planes that are good in CAS and bad in A2A (or the reverse)

Doesn’t the Su-25T/BM already do this ?

They could add better missiles to the current Jags and move them up in Air. Like adding 9Ls to the Gr1A

Nah, those would probably be 11.0 ish CAS anyway.

But moving them UP in the BR would make them meet planes that are better in both perhaps, so… Hard to see how its gonna be done.

I’m just sure this gonna help a lot the major nation and not the other ones x)))

This whole dual BR things could be replaced by a big decompression also i think.

it could but its what were getting so atleast were getting some attempt at decompression.

I think it enables decompression. They were finding it too hard to do them together. This way. They dont need to.

If missiles dont get added to the current stuff, which I think would be unlikely anyway. Then aircraft like the Jaguar and Tornado can move down in BR in air. whilst staying at the same BR in ground.

The reverse might also be true for some. Like the Harrier Gr7 I think can finally move down to 11.3 in ground but stay at 11.7 in air.

But a decompression cant work for some of these aircraft because they would be in different locations

They could just make it a Camouflage to the U.S. one like the U.S. skin was on the French F-6C-10-NA

this is a lot of yappin for someone being so wrong

3 Likes