Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Last year we got Sky Guardians on the 7th of March, and while obviously schedules aren’t always 1:1 with gajjin, they usually keep a more or less accurate monthly schedule with updates, so if they wanna match the tempo of last year, then we should see the new update drop sometime early next month.
which is kinda why it’s weird that we haven’t seen anything yet, cus usually we have 3-4 weeks of blogs, dev stream, and dev server before the update

It’s why I find it hard to believe they would wait until Friday for a devblog, because going off of normal Schedules, we could of easily gotten one last week, but didn’t

1 Like

Well it definitely makes sense, I haven’t been checking intervals but I have noticed a “disturbance in the force” if you will with the cadence seeming off. Do you agree or disagree with the monthly event vehicles having the possibility of delaying update intervals?

Hopefully this will be a small update (vehicle wise). Some updated cockpits would be nice. You know… Stuff that we actually need!

Doubt it

Not really, if anything usually they can start a devblog season off with non update related vehicles, like battle pass and event ones, but then they are quickly followed by the update devblogs, often literally the day after. Events have never really stood in the way of an update, and if anything the new system of events should make it easier on the team as they don’t have to prepare 3 blogs but just 1

1 Like

I have limited faith. He scours the forums for content to put into videos, which is actually really nice if you don’t have time to stay up on the forum meta, but when you trawl for anything, you’re going to catch garbage too.

Anyways, my resident USSR main reaction to the USSR in that list is as follows: T-80UE or T-80UE-1, there’s a difference, and between the UD and UE we’ve seen rumored, it’s possible that the actual variant is a UE-1, which is the BV hull with a UD turret. Otherwise, to be more specific than Mat, I did some deep diving and found this quote about the UE: “T-80UM variant, developed specifically for the Greek tender, a hydrostatic transmission and new controls were installed.”

Object 277: not needed, not sure where it would go. Poor man’s IS-7?

Su-24SM: Doesn’t exist. Su-24M2 maybe?

Commenting on this question and finishing from above, Su-24 is really so primitive, that I don’t see why they couldn’t buck the F-111 convention of adding things. USSR still does not have a thermal pod or inboard imager that can keep it competitive in high-altitude CAS. Su-24A/B/C are all basically what should’ve followed the Su-7. Su-14M4 is much more competitive than the early Su-24’s, so Su-14M4 should’ve followed, then the Su-24. Now that the tree architecture is what it is, the Su-27 is the last in the line. Adding an Su-24M anywhere near it would be too big of a change for the USSR/Russian tree to handle. The best thing to do now is place it after the MiG-27K, and even that is a little silly as the only major difference is the slight increase in payload that it can carry, and the slight more optimal layout of the same Electro-optical imager.

“BAE EAP”

AHAHHAHAHAH god I fucking wish. we’ve already had that debunked. the entire UK side of the forums was having a long discussion about this at the tail end of last year so unless the devs have suddenly had a massive 180. FAAAAAKE

1 Like

Perhaps, i guess it depends on what year this IS is supposed to be from, ie what upgrades it got.

The Indians also used Jaguars with Agave radars and AShM for anti-shipping duties, so that is a possibility.

Furthermore the Jaguar Gr3 could be added, with some neat capabilities over the current Gr1a/b. Such as HMD, new HUD and new targeting pod.

1 Like

Would be nice if the SAAF grippen got amraam as well, 9mikes on the wingtips just look wrong, missile only takes up 2/3 of the wing pylon lol

1 Like

I’m stacked in USSR ground now, I might buy whatever is there for a rank VIII premium for the USSR, but it will be after it’s 50% because I don’t need it.

China on the other hand will be an impulse full-price purchase. Hopefully whatever they’re baking up is good.

On the china bit, same. Instant buy anything there

no dovbleg?

There are no static PESA radars in WT yet, so that’s not really a good statement to make.

Never carried radar missiles IRL so current loadout with only 9M (and RB71) is the closest we could get to its actual IRL configuration. AIM-120 would only bump its BR, making the current 11.7-12.7 gap even bigger (prob to 11.7-13.3)

The PESA radars are in game, but they are treated as mechanical ones

A few examples

1 Like

I think we have AESA as well. Some swedish spaa has it

not the prototypes they could be added

2 Likes

There’s also this AESA radar on ASRAD-R:

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like